Chapter 26 - Betrayal

After your scolding, Kyungsoo determines that you have a concussion, but that you'll be fine. You're just going to have a sore face and side for the next while.

The fist fight between and your brother was three days ago, and the things he's said unfortunately got into your head. You hate the fact that he can get into your head so easily, maybe it's a twin thing.

You hear someone knock on the front door and you get up to answer it. You pad into the foyer and watch as Junmyeon opens the door and Zico stands on the other side.

"Hey-" before Junmyeon can even finish his sentence he is being grabbed by the collar and thrown on the ground outside. You scream, running after the pair. You reach the door and see Zico sending a punch right into Junmyeon's face.

"Zico stop!" You scream, running over to the pair. The others are running outside as well at the sound of your screaming.

Junmyeon lands a blow to Zico's side, blood pouring from his nose. Chanyeol is there in a second, hauling Zico off of Junmyeon, pulling the enraged man backwards. Junmyeon gets up and tries to lunge at Zico before Minseok grabs him and hauls him away as well.

"You bastard!" Zico screams at Junmyeon. "I trusted you! She trusts you!"

"What the fuck are you on?!" Junmyeon yells back, fighting against Minseok. Zico shoves Chanyeol away, but doesn't go for another attack.

"Y/N, we're leaving now," Zico orders. You stare at him.

"No more secrets, what the hell is going on?!" You yell, frustration constricting your throat.

"You're not taking her anywhere, scum!" Junmyeon retaliates.

"Don't test me, bastard. Y/N I'll explain later. We need to go and we need to go now. I shouldn't have ever let you stay with these bottom feeders. I'm not letting them manipulate you anymore, let's go," he says. You shake your head.

"I'm not fucking moving until someone tells me what the hell is going on," you demand.

"Go on, Junmyeon, tell her," Zico taunts. "Tell her or I will."

You look at Junmyeon and by the way all the guys look sick to their stomachs, you know something bad has gone on. "Y/N... we... I..." Junmyeon struggles for words.

"They work for your dad! They kidnapped you for your dad!" Zico yells at you. "This is all a god damn set up! Have you wondered why Yixing knew the order you were given? You know he's too stupid to actually have put together what you were going to do. This was a setup, it was never your initiation Y/N, it was theirs," Zico says urgently. Just like that the past few months you've spent sharing the house with these men have come crashing down on you.

"What?" You stammer, bile rising in your throat. Initiation? No one tries to correct Zico, and you're left to sort through your thoughts in a state of horror.

"Y/N we still failed. We were supposed to take you, heal you, and then return you to your father in a body bag. Yixing took a bullet to keep you alive, that wasn't fake, that wasn't part of a scheme. We were playing along but we never intended to go through with it-" Junmyeon starts.

"Shut up, shut up," you cut him off. "This is all a lie? My reason for being here is a lie? I'm here because of a mission?" You grab your hair.

"Y/N that's not true," Jongdae says, reaching for your arm. You step away harshly, tears welling in your eyes. They lied to you? Their initiation? Manipulation?

Your head reels and you stumble a few steps, looking at the group of men you live with. Your dad controls them too? The lines between fake and real blur together painfully. Yixing's wound, Jongin and Sehun's childhoods, Baekhyun's driving, Yixing's kiss. "Welcome to EXO" Junmyeon's old words reverberate in your skull in a painful mantra. You've been set up. You were never free, you're still playing your father's sick game.

"You didn't want me to leave because you couldn't let me leave. You didn't give a shit about how I felt or protecting me, you tried to keep me here on my own 'free will' so you didn't have to lock me in the basement like my brother. You would've though, you would've done it wouldn't you have?" You ball your fists.

"Your dad has my sister, Y/N. I was trying to save her life-" You won't let him finish. You're already walking away, barefoot. You walk down the gravel road leading out of the driveway.

"Y/N stop!" This time it's Zico's voice. He grabs you by the arm, dragging you back towards the house.

"Get the fuck off of me!" You yell, trying to get free. When he drags you to the side of his car, you start to argue with him. "What makes you think I can trust you either?!" You shove him hard, getting his hands off of you.

"Y/N we don't have time to do this, your dad is coming right now and-"

"You work for him too, don't kid yourself," you spit at him, stepping back. You're suddenly very alone, the isolation you've known your whole life crashing down on you painfully.

"Y/N you know us," Jongin says carefully from a few meters to your left.

"Do I?" You ask, backing up further. "The only person I know is myself."

"Yixing risked his life to save you in that car," Baekhyun points out.

"He's not here," you retaliate. "Was it all a lie? Were you all ever honest with me?"

A car horn honks and you watch as a huge black van pulls into the driveway. You know that van. The passenger door opens and your dad steps out, dyed black hair done perfectly. He has a sneer on his lips, adorning an immaculate suit, even in the warm autumn weather.

"Ah, sweet daughter," you dad says. You're far to numb to feel anything except the hatred for the false sense of safety you felt for so long. You always knew what your dad was, he never tried to fool you into believing he was a man who loved you or wanted the best for you. These men deceived you, you thought you knew them. You thought for the first time in your 19 years of life that you'd found a group of people who loved you. Yet here you are, alone again.

"I'm getting Jake," you say blankly, walking away from the driveway. You enter the house, walking into the basement and grabbing the ring of keys that will unlock your brother's shackles. You open the door and your brother is waiting on his bed.

"Is dad here?" He asks. You nod, walking over to him and unlocking his handcuffs. You nonchalantly unlock the chains until he's completely free. You're not scared, you kind of hope he'll wrap one of his chains around your neck and end it here.

"Let's go," you say.

"They told you?" He asks. You don't reply. "Y/N I'm not a nice person, or even a decent person but just listen to me. The sooner you realize that you can't trust anyone in the world, the less you'll get hurt." You stay silent, turning and leaving the room. You know he'll follow you, so you don't bother turning to look at him.

You exit the house, Jake trailing behind you. Junmyeon grabs your upper arm and stares right into your eyes. "I did not sacrifice my sister's life to let you die," he says angrily. "You're not going anywhere."

"Let me go. I don't want your lies anymore, I want to go back to a place where I at least know where I truly stand. Maybe they'll be nice and kill me," you say emotionlessly. You shrug his arm off and you feel him pull a gun.

You turn again, ready for it to be pointed at your head, but it's not, it's pointed right at your dad. "You can't take her back, we've given up too much for you to take her, she's one of us now," he says.

"I'm serious, don't do it. I don't want to stay here anymore. I'm going," you say, shoving his gun away. You walk over to your father and he puts his hand on your shoulder. You try to shrug it off but he grabs your face.

"Poor baby, lost all her friends because she was a fool. You are my daughter, Y/N. You have no friends, don't forget that," he sneers. Landing one slap to your face, you hear a gun click behind you. You turn, it's Minseok.

"Minseok, don't. Don't ruin the family the nine of you have, I was living a lie. Don't come for me, I don't want to see any of you again," you say. Turning on your heel you allow yourself to be pulled into the van without struggling. You watch as your father spares their lives and gets into the van again. You turn your face away from the house as the van drives off. There's nothing left for you here.