Chapter 10 - Race

Yixing leads the four of you out to a Jaguar XJ. You're about to get into the back of the car when Minseok stops you, "You should sit in the front with Yixing. It'll be too easy to get your stitches pulled by being shoved in the back."

"Are you sure? I don't mind," you say. Minseok shakes his hand at you and you nod, understanding that he wants you to sit in the front. You walk around to the passenger door, sliding into the car. Yixing hops in a couple seconds later while Minseok, Baekhyun, and Sehun pile into the back.

Yixing pulls out of the garage and down the driveway. You look back at the gorgeous house that stands tall in the bright sunlight. You watch out the window as the scenery speeds by. The radio is on, while Baekhyun and Yixing hum quietly along to the tune.

"Y/N, are you going to miss racing?" Sehun asks from behind you. You can't turn around due to Yixing's strict orders of not stretching your side.

You nod, "Yeah, I always will. It was a huge part of my. Childhood and even my later life. My whole existence has depended on racing, and I grew to love it a lot."

"Your father was really mean," Baekhyun says. "I'm not trying to be insensitive or cross any lines. Your father seems like a terrible man."

"Baek we all know this already," Yixing says. You laugh quietly.

"Do you plan on staying with us after you're healed?" Minseok asks. You tense up a little bit, shifting in your seat.

"Um... I have to go once I can. I care about you all a lot and you all have been nothing but sweet and generous with me. However I feel like I am causing undue stress with my father in the way. Trust me, I'd love to stay with you guys but I just can't. Beyond the fact of my father, I need to get away from organized crime rings and gangs. That's the reason my mom and little brother are dead, the reason my whole life has been spent in hiding and obedience. In all 19 years I've been alive, not once have I ever disobeyed my father, or anyone who wasn't my brother. The first time I ever made my own decision was when Yixing followed me into the bathroom." You play with your fingers in your lap.

"We all respect your decision to go out on your own and be your own person," Yixing says. "But I hope you know if at some point you find yourself needing help, you won't hesitate to reach out." You thank him and the conversation halts in the car.

A thought pops into your head, "Yixing, why did Kyungsoo want to know my blood type? Do you guys just have bags of blood laying around?"

"No, not at all. We were trying to see if your blood type matched someone else in the house. I'm A too, so we did a transfusion using my blood," he says. "I have hemophilia so we can't do it often because I bleed so much afterwards. Chanyeol or Kyungsoo could have too, but Chanyeol had to leave to go find the others and Kyungsoo had just donated blood to the hospital a few days before and it wasn't safe to draw any more from him."

"Kyungsoo donates blood?" You ask.

"Yeah, it makes him feel like even though sometimes he has to do bad things he can still do something to help others," Sehun says. You lean back into your chair.

"Isn't it dangerous for you to donate blood if you have hemophilia?" You inquire.

"It's not really recommended, but it's not like my blood would hurt you or anything, it's more the fact that it could be really hard to stop the bleeding from me once it started. The other factor is I could get a hematoma, but that didn't happen so I'm all good," he replies. Your heart hammers uncomfortably.

"Thank you, Yixing," you say, eyes a little tearful.

"Don't be silly, Y/N. I'd rather have to deal with a hematoma then having Kyungsoo faint from blood loss or you die from it," he says. "Even if I got a hematoma, Kyungsoo could always just drain it if it was bad enough."

"No I mean it, no one would've done that for me before I met you," You assert, upset he brushed off his help like that.

"Well, you're welcome," He relents, squeezing your thigh and then returning his hand to the wheel. You blush at the contact, turning your head away to look out the window again.

"You two are gross," Sehun states, making everyone burst out into laughter.

"Shut up Sehun."

The rest of the ride to the mall is spend making jokes and talking about lighter subjects than your pasts. The guys have quickly caught on that it's okay to joke around with you, that you're not uptight and rigid, you like to have a good time too.

When Yixing pulls up to the sizeable mall, your heart leaps into your throat. These men could very well die here. You know your dad's men would never kill you, they would drag you back to the prison you were forced to call home. There your dad would end your life, slowly. You're not worried about your life, you're more worried about the men who have saved your life. If you had a dollar for every time Yixing had saved your life, you'd be rich.

     "Y/N? Let's go," Yixing says, opening your door for you. You nod, allowing him to help you out of the car.

     "I'm nervous," You admit. Yixing shuts your door and squeezes your arm.

     "Don't be. I'm here," he says. You smile at him and follow Baekhyun through the doors of the mall.

     You're not surprised that Baekhyun is an expert shopper. He throws articles of clothing at you, making you try them on and being brutally honest on whether or not he likes them on. Yixing chimes in once and a while to tell you that you look good, while Minseok helps sometimes and hands you an outfit he likes. Sehun stays quiet and reminds you all time and time again that he is only there for the food court.

     After buying way too many bags of clothes and insisting it's too much, Sehun finally gets his food. He happily munches away on his Panda Express while you nervously watch the man behind Yixing's left shoulder that is staring at the five of you.

     "Yixing I think I know that man," you say. While you look at him, you realize he's the man who told you that your dress was ready the day you escaped your father.

"I noticed him while I was getting my food. He was on the phone," Sehun says, putting his chopsticks down.

"If your dad shows up, we're screwed. We have to go," Yixing whispers. "Y/N, stay between Minseok and I. Sehun and Baek, you flank." You obey and stand up, not looking at the man again. Yixing grabs your elbow and holds you against his left side while Minseok comes up on your left. Baekhyun grabs your shopping bags and stays tight behind the three of you, Sehun quickly following suit.

"We have to hurry," Minseok says in your ear. The man is following you all now and your heart is hammering so hard you think you're going to die.

You get to the Jaguar and Yixing quickly ushers you inside the car, running to the drivers seat and making sure everyone is in before speeding away. Within seconds a black car is behind you, another one of your dad's lackeys is driving it.

"We're being followed," you say, biting your nails anxiously.

"It will be okay," Yixing says, turning sharply to the right. The car pursues, following dangerously close behind your car.

"Yixing you're going to have to whip out some fast and furious driving skills because we're about to get our asses kicked. They have a gun," Baekhyun says. They need someone who can drive better than Yixing can.

"Yixing put your seat back," you demand as he pulls up to a red light.

"What?"

"Just do as I say," you snap back. Yixing doesn't look convinced but he does as you say, pushing his chair back as far as it will go. You hop over the center console and shove yourself between his legs. You grab the wheel.

"Get into the passenger seat and buckle up, all of you," you say. Yixing struggles over the console and you quickly adjust the seat and put on your seat belt.

"Hold on tight."