Chapter 1: Mating Season?!

No one's POV

It was an average day at the guild of Fairytail. Drinking, laughing, and don't forget fighting. But something was strange.

No one knows about mating season except the dragon slayers, of course.

There was something strange in the air. The dragon slayers weren't being rowdy at all.

Lucy's POV

Usually, Natsu is fighting with someone or just being wild. But something was up with him today.

In fact, Gajeel, Laxus, and Natsu were acting a bit weird... It wasn't like them at all. That's not the only thing.. Natsu isn't just acting weird. He's also staring at me.

When Gray tried to talk to me, he came up and roughly pushed him away. What is wrong with him?

Why is he doing this. He only tried to talk to me. Anyway, right after pushing him away, he goes back into the seat he was sitting in. But this isn't just happening to me.. Gajeel and Laxus are doing just about the same thing.

Why is it just them though? Is this a plan they made or something?

No one's POV

Lucy gets out of her seat and heads towards Mirajane and Freed.

"Hey.. do you know what's up with them?" Lucy asks.

"No.. unfortunately I don't." Mira says.

"I might have an answer. Look at this." Freed says, setting a book down on the table.

"Mating Season" it says.

"What is this?" Lucy questions Freed.

"Just read a few pages." He says.

She look at Natsu looking a bit angry, and then turns to the book. She opens it to the first page.

It says: For those of you who are confused, mating season is something that comes every year. This isn't what you think it is. This season is for dragon slayers. All dragon slayers look for a mate. Simple, right? Not exactly. They have to mark their mate. When they know who their mate is, it is natural for them to act territorial. But, thankfully, young dragon slayers don't get this effect until they are older--

Lucy reads this aloud. Mira's eyes widen. Levy heard this and gasped.

"So that's why Laxus is acting strange.."  Mira says in her head.

"I think that we should monitor them until we know for sure who their mate is. Then make up a plan to help their "mate" get out of trouble." Freed suggests.

Both Lucy and Mira just nod. Lucy sits down at the bar where they were at. For a couple hours, they watch the dragon slayers.

They keep their gaze towards their mates.

"Alright.. I think I know who the mates are." Freed calls Levy over.

"Is something wrong?" Levy asked.

"I'm afraid it's mating season. And you are Gajeel's mate." Freed says.

Levy eyes widen. She blushes for a second, and then it faded away.

"Well then who is the other mates?" Mira and Lucy ask in unison.

Freed sighs. "You guys."

Oh no.." Lucy says. "We have to go to Sabertooth and find Crime Sorciere.."