Escape

They brought Anelie to the prison cell, took away her magic pipe and tossed her inside causing her to fall on her hands and knees.  "Ah!"  She let out as she fell.  They closed the door and locked it as she turned her head towards them.  She turned her head back and faced the floor and got up, using her hands to help push herself up.  She turned her body towards the guards as they were leaving, and made it to the door and grabbed onto the iron bars.  She turned her head to face them, even if they were just slivers out of the corner of her eye.  She saw them set her magic pipe in a bag hanging by the door that led outside.

"Hey!  What's the big idea?!"  She called out to them.  They were only guards.  They ignored me and just walked through the door to the outside, leaving me to rot in this prison cell after being manhandled by the two of them and having taken away my magic pipe from me.  She looked to my other side and saw that there was someone on the far side in the other direction from the departed guards.  It was a man who was small and covered in a green shirt and tights.  He had thick, shaggy brown hair and fierce brown eyes that could pierce through wherever they were staring if it were physically possible.  It also appeared that he had the prison keys hanging from a belt around his waist.

She looked at him for a minute and then he looked at her and his glare was almost tangible.  That's how he liked it.  He was the jailer and so he needed to look threatening.

She looked away from him, turned, and sat criss-cross-applesauce and tried to think up a plan of escape.  She had to get those keys.

She crossed her arms across her chest and looked down deep in thought.  "Alright.  First thing's first.  I need my pipe." She mumbled to herself.  "Now how do I get it?" She looked up and searched her cell at a glance, not finding anything.  Anything useful, that is.  There was just a stone bed with straw and a pillow in one corner and a window barred on the back wall.  There was a chamber pot by the bed and boy did it smell!  She plugged her nose, stood up, and walked over to it. The smell got worse as she walked over to it.  By the time she stood over the pot to investigate it she was covering her mouth as well as her nose.  She leaned over and looked into the pot and what she saw and smelled made her want to gag.  Bile came up her throat, but she swallowed it and turned away quickly, easing the smell a little.  She closed her eyes, both unwilling to look and trying to concentrate on not throwing up then and there.  She wondered how many days its been since it last got changed.

"Ew!  How many days has it been since the pot's been changed?!  It can't be new and it's got to be more than one, two, or possibly even more than three days!  This rivals a body that's been dead for days!"  She exclaimed.  "Now I'm even more willing to make them pay!  I saved their town from dying out and being overrun by rats anymore, and this is how they treat me!"  She was getting louder and louder.

"Quiet in there!"  The jailer yelled at her and he punched the wall with the outside side of his fist.  The wall shook a little from the impact.  This was surprising all on its own because the jailer didn't look very strong at all, and to add to that, he was also a bit on the small side, so that shut her up for a brief moment, but then that gave her an idea.

She put her pointer finger to her chin, laying her elbow on top of her other arm and began mumbling her idea.  "Yes, this will be perfect.  If I can just make it so he comes over here, I can escape, whether by grabbing his keys while he's outside the prison cell, or inside.  I'll try the old bathroom trick, plus I really do need to go."  She nodded her head and said, "Alright then, let's do it."  She made fists and jerked bent arms at a right angle back, palm side up, with force for emphasis.  She got right to her plan.  She walked right up to the iron barred door.

"Excuse me, sir, but I've got a real need to go to the pot and it's an emergency."  She was bouncing up and down on her toes as she said this and afterwards, waiting for an answer.

He did his punch thing again against the wall, making the wall vibrate again.  "I said be quiet!"

"But, sir, I really need to go.  I implore you to let me use the pot." She was now both dancing and running in both an attempt at an act and also for the reality of actually needing to use the pot.  It was getting harder and harder to hold the longer this took.

"You have a pot right there for you, now leave me alone and be quiet!"  He waved his arm in the direction of the chamber pot.

She looked back, I am not going in there.  She voiced her thought so he could hear her and her whine.  "I am not going to the pot in there!"  She pointed towards the chamber pot full of who knows how old poop and turned to look at him while saying it.  "Have you seen it?!"  She waited a beat and got no reaction from his no stone mask appearance.  She bent over while saying, "Have you smelled it?!"  She waited another beat and still got no reaction.  "It's unbearable!  You have to come and clean it out for me!"

"I don't have to do anything.  Especially, not for you!"  This last part he said as he took a step closer and pointed his pointer finger at her.  How dare she order him about, telling him what to do!

"If you don't, then I will wet myself because I can't hold it much longer.  Also, you'd be able to smell it if not then, then over time, and it will smell very bad.  I ask you again-" She wore an expression of pain now as well as the moving around legs and feet.

"Now you listen to me Lady.  I will do this one time, once!  And that is it!"  As he spoke he came up to the prison door and opened it once he unlocked it.  His hands were shaking from anger.

"It's this way and you can just follow behind me."  He did.

"Gah!"  He covered his mouth after inhaling that scent.  "Yuck!  Now, let's get this over with.  I don't want to be in here for a second longer than necessary."

Still bouncing on her toes, she waited until both of them were leaning over the chamber pot before making her move.  She slowly reached her hands out in front of her and the guard looked at her and asked her, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing.  Just thought you wouldn't want to grab the chamber pot  with your hands and thought I'd offer."

"Humph."  He replied.

She finished putting her hands by the sides of the chamber pot.  I've only got one chance at this, she thought, and she went for it.  She grabbed the chamber pot with both hands and lifted it up quickly over his head, turned it over, and dumped the chamber pot on his head along with all its content.  He screamed.  He's gonna stink for days even if he takes baths, not to mention it will take forever to get the stench out of his nose.  She quickly grabbed his keys from his hand as he still held them in his hand after opening the door.  Not a super smart idea in my opinion.  Should have tied it back around your belt once you came in.  He was already beginning to lift off the chamber pot from around his head as she ran to the door.  She left through the door, turned and closed and locked the door behind her leaving the jailer inside behind bars.  A second after she locked the door, he ran up to it, grabbed the iron bars and began to shake it.

"Let me out, Lady," he snarled.

She held up the key ring full of keys in her hand with her pointer finger and said, "Nope."  The word had a pop to it.  "Toodles," she waved with her fingers on her other hand, drop-catched the keys in the hand already holding the keys, and walked towards the bag by the door and stopped for a minute, searching and grabbing her pipe.  Once the pipe was in her possession again, she tossed the keys, not caring where they landed as long as they were by the door, as she left the prison.

Now, she had to go to the pot.  And she did.  Behind a bush which coincidentally, was close by once she left the building.

She went into hiding after that until she was ready and everything was in place for what she would determine would be her next plan.  This time, for revenge.