Chapter 10

Hey guys! I apologize about the delay,i got caught up with a few things. I dedicate this chapter to my awesome packmate, RoseAlee1128. A special thanks goes out to her for helping me with my cover, THANKS ROSE!!! ^_^ *waves at rose*. I want to say thank you to all my readers for taking the time to read my story.THANKS YOU GUYS!!! So as a thank you,here's another chapter. Enjoy ^_^

< Azura's POV >

i woke up to a dark room. After watching my dad run out the house, i closed my curtains. I felt so miserable. All the events of from yesterday came flooding back into my head. Kt was just too much for one day,for one person to handle.

I buried my head under the blankets. No matter how hard I tried,I just.couldn't get my father's face out oof my head. I could feel myself start go cry all over again. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I decided to get out of bed and take a shower. I honestly don't know long I'd been sleep. It didn't matter,either way I wasn't leaving my room. I didn't feel up to dealing with my family just yet.

Maybe it was time that I actually moved out and get into my own to get away from everybody. I cant stay here and I'm not ready to move into Cameron's territory yet.I know we're mates,but we're still complete strangers.

All of my thoughts began to run together as I got into the shower. I let the hot water run over me. I wish it could wash away all of my troubles. I was in the shower for over an hour before I decided to get out. As I dried off,I decided to put on a pair of sweatpants and a white spaghetti strap tank top. I blow dried my hair and combed it out. I went through my whole routine with my hair before getting my laptopand plopping on the bed.

I hadn't even booted it up when someone knocked on the door. Subconsciously I shrank back not wanting to deal with anyone. I wait a few minutes,hoping whoever was at the door would go away,but whoever it was was very persistent. So I braced myself and walked to the door. By the time I reached it, I was scared all over again. It was my dad. I started to walk away when he began to speak.

"Zurie,darling,how are you feeling?" He asked through the door,concern lacing his every word.

I stared at the door in shock. Has he lost his freaking mind!? He did not just ask me that like nothing happened last night or this morning. What time is it anyway?

"Zurie?" He called again. I know I should probably answer him,but what should I say to him after what happened. I decided to be blunt and tell him the truth.

"I'm scared daddy.I'm terrified of you right now. I thought you'd be happy that I found my mate. I didn't expect what happened last night. You looked like you wanted to kill me. I'm scared,confused,hurt, and in shock. I almost died yesterday only to be brought back just so I could die again when I get home. How do I feel? I feel like I'd been run over by 10 18-Wheeler trucks emotionally. I feel miserable because,although I love you and always will,I dont feel safe with you anymore." I said that last part on a sob,I didn't even know I was crying.

In a way I feel bad about what I just said because I know it hurt him,but the truth hurts. My relationship with my dad will never be the same and it broke my heart,but what's done is done. I thought hardening my heart. See, this is why I wasn't ready to deal with my family,least of all my dad,just yet. My thoughts were running away from me while I waited for my dad to to say something. I was not expecting his next words.

"Zurie,I'm sorry. I am so so sorry. I was beside myself with worry and when you came in,the little control I had left just dissipated when I smelled him on you. I know you can never forgive what I did but I just want you to know that I am so so sorry. The expression on your face will haunt me for the rest of my days. I will never forgive myself for what I did to you and as long as I live I will try toale up for it. It is my job to protect you. If you can't find it in your heart to forgive me,I understand. But just know that you will always be my baby girl and I will always stand by you no matter what. We are blood and nothing's EVER going to get in the way of that."