• 01 •

Charlie
.
.

I lifted my weary eyes to catch a glimpse at the ticking clock on the wall. I sat with my legs crossed and glasses rested on the bridge of my nose, while I skimmed over the same book I've read five times just once more. This was how I was spending my entire summer--locked in a house with a room full of books (and even though there were over a few hundred books, I was only interested in reading three)

The front door of the house swung open with such force I slightly gasped and furrowed my brow. I set my book down and laughed at my friend who had ran straight towards the window

"T-they're here Charlie, they're actually here" she squealed and fanned her face

"What? The British Invasion?" I joked and pushed her aside so that I could catch a glimpse

Lisa rolled her eyes and shook her head, all while dramatically sighing "I mean I guess you could say that...Do you remember how I told you my friend Cat had a cousin from the U.K staying at her place while he was able to find a place for himself?"

I nod "Yeah, crazy Cat. You know she really does lie a lot. I doubt she even has a cousin from the U.K. I stopped believing her after the dog ate my cat lie"

My words slowed down as a tall man appeared from behind the moving truck. His long hair bounced wildly as he lifted one end of a large maroon couch. His bottom lip was taken between his teeth and beads of sweat began to roll down the side of his face.

Lisa punched my arm and gasped "That's him! That's Harry!"

"Alright, you freaking animal" I rubbed my shoulder and trudged back to my spot on the couch.

Lisa quickly ran after me and lifted me up "No! Come on we have to go say Hello! We basically know him already"

I furrowed my brow and laughed "You can go Lisa, I am perfectly fine right where I am"

I wasn't going to deny that I did want to meet our new neighbors, but I was saving myself from embarrassment. It was like I was meant to do something stupid each time I talked to a guy. I had been cursed from the moment I turned fourteen and attempted to talk to my crush.

I remember what happened like it was yesterday. My mom had done my hair the day before school started and I had a nice outfit picked out. Everything was set and the plan was in motion. The next day I had arrived to school super early with the biggest grin on my face. I was determined to get this boy to like me back.

I saw him standing next to his locker with all his friends crowded around him, and that's when my stomach began to flip. I wasn't going to let butterflies stop me though, so I marched up to him, tapped his shoulder, and took in the biggest..deepest breath I've ever taken.

And then I opened my mouth, and instead of words coming out I threw up on him. Yes. I threw up on him. You can imagine what he did next.

Eighth grade year wasn't my time to shine.

"You know I think I'm just gonna go to the grocery store or something. I need to buy lemons" I quickly say and reach towards the small table to grab the car keys

Before Lisa could say anything else I threw myself out the door and without looking back climbed inside the car.

I managed to see a few other faces unloading things from the truck. There was a blonde one, and three other brunettes. All very attractive.

.

Lemons, lemons, lemons

I bit my lip as I looked around the store for lemons. I wasn't really sure what I needed lemons for. At first it was just an excuse to get out of the house but I ended up actually driving to the grocery store. I'm sure I'll find something useful to do with lemons.

I went down every aisle in the store and repeated my steps three times. I still wasn't able to find the stupid lemons

"Are you looking for the lemons love?" A deep voice spoke from behind me

My eyes widened as I turned around. Standing in front of me was the same long haired guy from across the street. I raised my brows and closed my mouth that was now beginning to dry from having it open too long.

"I-uh yeah how'd you know?" I chuckle and take the bag of lemons from his hand "and where did you find these"

I look up at him with a puzzled expression

He scratches the back of his head and clears his throat "I wasn't stalking  you or anything I promise, I just walked in behind you and heard you talking to yourself about lemons. And then I saw you going around the whole store and I just thought you were still looking for the lemons so uh, I just brought them to you"

"Oh, well thanks" I shrug and smile

And then all of a sudden, silence took over the whole store. I stood in front of him with the bag of lemons in my hand. Doing nothing. At all.

What the hell do I say now?

"I know-" we both say at the same time and then laugh

"Sorry, you go first" he motions for me to talk

"I know your cousin!" I blurt out and mentally face palm right away.  I said that way too loud and way too excitedly

"Cat?" He raises his brow and licks his bottom lip

I blink a couple of times and nod my head "Yeah, we went to High school together and like I'm still in touch with her and she told my friend Lisa about her cousin from the U.K and I guess you're the U.K cousin, so hey cousin from the U.K"

He runs his hand through his hair and laughs "huh, what a small world"

"Yeah," I bite my lip "Um, I'm gonna get going now...I have a uh, a lemon cake to make"

I shake the bag of lemons and smile before turning around and heading towards the cashiers

"I'll see you around then!" He yells and I look back to give him a small nod

He disappears into another aisle and I turn to the worker "is it possible to make Lemon cake with actual lemons?"

-

Ahh! first update of the new and improved neighbors.

I'll be using Charlie for now until more votes come in (:

Please please comment guys!! That's what keeps me going. Without your comments I get less and less inspired !!!

Vote for Harry (;