Kızıl Yılan

Sanem landed on the deck of the Kızıl Yılan with a thud, letting go of the loose rail line she had used to swing across, the tether to her ship slipping out of her hand as Deren and Bulut landed beside her

Sanem landed on the deck of the Kızıl Yılan with a thud, letting go of the loose rail line she had used to swing across, the tether to her ship slipping out of her hand as Deren and Bulut landed beside her. The rest of her crew watching carefully, perched atop the rigging lines of the Albatross.

"Evening, Yigit," Sanem greeted with an insincere smile as she strolled towards him, unafraid, giving only the briefest glance to his crew standing tensely around them, who stood with one hading resting on the pommel of their sheathed weapons. "So kind of you not to set your cannons on us, that really would've ruined my day and it had been going so well so far."

"Kindness has nothing to do with it," Yigit replied, his face remaining stony, his eyebrows stern. I don't think I've ever seen him smile, she thought to herself. "We are allies are we not?" He finished gruffly.

Sanem set her jaw. 'Allies' was a modest way of putting it - he needed her, but she most definitely didn't need him. She just needed his map.

It had been only a few weeks since their last encounter. Sanem had been planning to infiltrate the White Cliff naval base under the cover of darkness but a rogue pirate vessel had shot holes straight through the Albatross's wings. Wounded like a crippled bird they'd been stuck in plain sight of the base waiting for the rising sun to bring their deaths.

But Yigit had so conveniently appeared at just the right moment and towed the Albatross away, allowing Sanem the materials and time to fix her tattered sails. She was more than certain he'd organize the attack in the first place, knowing that she would then owe him a favor for saving their necks, he always had an ulterior motive. Bastard. He'd hurt her ship, she wanted to hurt his back.

Sanem came to a halt in front of him, flanked by her friends, meeting Yigits glare as the two captains sized each other up. It felt strange not wearing her captain's hat, she felt substantially smaller without it - she hoped the fierceness in her eyes was making up for it.

"What -" Yigit stuttered, noticing the full extent of her outfit for the first time and breaking out of his composure. "What the hell are you wearing?"

"It's a dress, Yigit." She replied, twirling the skirt around. "What, - don't tell me you have never seen a dress before?" She smirked internally at how flustered he seemed, to be fair, it was quite the change from what she usually wore - he was probably more surprised than anything else.

Yigit coughed before continuing. "You were supposed to meet me at Black Water Cavern eight days ago, you didn't show up."

"Apologies for that, Yigit." Sanem smiled, not even trying to make it seem genuine. "We had to restock a few things." It wasn't entirely a lie, but she'd never had any real intention of joining him afterward.

Yigits eyes narrowed. "You owe me, Sanem. Don't forget that."

"How could I forget, when you won't even give me the chance." She joked. "I'm here now, aren't I?"