23.

"You know...I somehow think I'll find this more romantic then your bedroom." Jade said with a smirk as the two women headed for one of the janitor's supply closets. Jade had a smirk on her face and Tori had to bite back a smile. "First time making out at school in the supply closet. I'm not going to lie, it's not the most romantic thing I ever thought of."

"It's a lot better then worrying about Trina walking in on us." Jade muttered although there was a slight undercurrent of fear in her voice. She remembered the "talk" she and Trina had had when Trina had found out about Tori and Jade. "I never want to have that happen again." Tori smirked. "As I recall, you tried chasing her out of the house after she asked us h-." Jade shot her a glare. "Don't bring that up. Ever again."

Tori smirked again. "How does it feel to be on the receiving end of the jokes?" Jade shook her head in mock despair. "The scary part is your getting better at those jokes. I thought I was the queen of disturbing but you..."

Tori let out a laugh as she opened the door and pulled Jade in after her before closing the door. A few moments passed before a familiar voice spoke up in a confused tone from behind the two in the dark room. "Uh...guys? Did you know I was in here?"

"CAT?!"

"OH MY GOD!"

Jade pulled on a string and a moment later the light turned on and Tori looked down at Cat who was sitting on the floor and Jade who looked as if she was about to blow her top. Jade's eyes softened after a minute as she saw that Cat's eyes were red and puffy and tear stains were evident on her cheeks. Tori looked over at Jade and Jade looked back at her for a minute before the two turned to look down at Cat.

"What's wrong, Cat?" Tori asked gently as she sat down next to her friend. Cat looked up at her miserably and barely managed to muffle a sob. "I got turned down and humiliated." She said quietly. Jade's eyes narrowed. "Who did it?" She asked in a voice that told Tori that whoever it was was most likely going to be running for their life when Jade found them.

"Tina Stavis." Cat muttered sadly. "I...I thought she was like me...and you and Tori. I talked to her after my music class and she laughed in my face." Tori's normally kind face twisted into an expression of barely controlled anger as Cat fought back a sob. "Now her friends keeps laughing at me. They keep calling me...names. Really bad names."

Jade sat down next to Cat and couldn't help but feel sorry for the redhead. She was trying to control her anger as not to scare Cat when Tori rose to her feet. Her fists were clenched and her eyes were narrowed. "Tori? Please don't tell me your going to do what I would do."

"Be right back." Tori growled as the bell rang and the sounds of people echoed through the hall. Cat looked up at Jade and wiped her eyes. "Is Tori going to be okay?" She asked quietly. Jade had to hide a smirk. "I think Tina is the one you should be worried about."

A sudden thunk against the door caught both Jade and Cat's attention and as the door opened and a girl with blue dyed hair and a terrified expression was pushed into the room and was followed by an angry Tori Vega. "Tina. Do you have something to say to Cat?"

"Sorry!Sorry!I'mSorry!" She babbled over and over as Tori stared at her. "Say it like you mean it." She said in a quiet and dangerous tone. "Cat. I'm sorry I...I'm sorry I laughed at you! I'm sorry me and my friends are calling you names! I'll get them to stop, I swear!"

Jade looked up at Tina and narrowed her eyes. "You really hurt her." Jade said softly. "You can't fix what you did to her. She's probably going to have trouble trusting people now...Normally I wouldn't give you a chance to run but I'm trying to be a bit nicer these days. You get to the count of three to get out of my line of sight. And if you bother her again, I won't give you to the count of three."

"One."

Tina ran to the door and bolted out into the hallway.

"Two."

Tina continued running and Jade was about to reach three when she managed to bolt around a corner and Jade got to her feet and held her hand down to Cat. "You can stick around with me and Tori for the rest of the day. Anyone who messed with you, messes with us."

Cat looked up at her and smiled.

Tori looked at Jade and smiled as a thought ran through her mind. She's coming along nicely. She thought with a small smile as Cat rose to her feet.