Chapter 15

"Thanks for the pizza, and dropping me home." I opened the car door turning around to face Tristan, "Are you sure you don't want to keep this slice?"

"It's fine. I know you get hungry at midnight so eat it then."

I laughed, "That was old me. I can barely stay up past nine now." I admitted. Tristan shook his head, "It's fine. You take it. You need to eat more"

I nodded just about to leave when I remembered, I turned back around, "How much do I owe you?" I reached into my bag grabbing a note.

"Nothing, what are you talking about?" Tristan asked looking at me confused. 

"For the pizza, you paid remember."

"That's fine. It's on me."

I shook my head, "No way. I'm keeping the extra slice too." I placed a twenty on his lap when he wouldn't take it. 

"Sapphire....you don't pay me."

He grabbed the note trying to shove it back in my bag. I quickly scooted out of the car, standing up, "No way. Good try. See you Tristan!"

Before he could get out or cause a fuss I quickly headed up the stairs and into the house. 

The moments I walked in Stephen was already there staring at the pizza in my hand. Rolling my eyes I handed it over to him.

Goodbye Pepperoni, you were good while you lasted. Now that i knew where the food trucks were, I knew my waist line was going to hate me for how often I would go there now.

"Saph is that you?"

Mum poked her head out the kitchen and my heart stopped, why is she in the kitchen again, "Quick word." She yelled as she disappeared.

I rushed over, wondering if she was trying to make another batch of cookies.

But when I saw her take something out of the microwave I relaxed, she was just eating.

"Yeah ma?"

"This Sunday your dad is having a few friends over. I was just wondering if you were going to be home. The boys are having friends over as well."

"Yeah I don't  have plans now. Is it a business meeting?"

"No for once...he's got those boys, you know...them."

I shook my head as she spoke taking a bite out of what looked like pasta, "You know, his friends."

"Alright..." I turned to leave when I remembered.

"Oh mum, can I invite someone too?"

"Of course."

I reached for my phone, hopefully Preston was free.

It would be good to have some company at an all family affair, well, family and dad's apparent friends

* * * 

Sunday came fast, and I had barely time to prep. My room was a mess, but I couldn't be bothered cleaning it, surely no one was going to come in here. My suitcase was still to the side, unpacked. Books were all over my table and my laptop was buried underneath it. 

I had bigger issued, such as, what to wear tonight. Preston said he was coming and for once I wanted to put in some more effort. 

My wet hair sat on my shoulders as I stared at my wardrobe, it didn't matter how many clothes I had, I still felt like I needed more.

Maybe I should ask mum.

I grabbed as many dresses as I could gather and walked to my mums room, she on the other hand was laying on her bed scrolling through her phone.