Chapter 12

(unedited)

Bikers, Chains and Bad Boys: Chapter 12

Hyena. That's what my hysterical laughs sounded like as I bounded through and around people, dodging left and right to avoid the beefy biker storming after me.

"All because I wouldn't sleep with you?!" I shouted. I continued to laugh as I heard him slamming through people. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a dumpster and made a split-second decision. Hopefully I don't kill myself. Please be metal.

I gave it my all as I sprinted and launched myself on top of the big blue dumpster up against the fence. Letting out a breath of relief when I didn't immediately fall through, I stood on shaky legs and leaned against the fence to steady myself just as he reached the dumpster and tried to grab my ankles. I giggled uncontrollably as I danced left and right, avoiding his bear paws from snatching my legs.

"I'm sorry, you're just not my type!" By now, half the people at the party were watching us in amusement and laughing at the show, music and girls forgotten. I flipped the guys off as they stood a few feet away, laughing and showing no signs of helping me.

"Not your type?" The big man growled at me. "What are you, a lesbian?" I scoffed at him.

"Uh, rude!" I made a face at him. "I don't have to be a lesbian to not want to sleep with you." I stood up, shoving myself as close to the fence as I could so he couldn't reach me. "I'm just not attracted to roid-ragers." I scrunched my face at him.

People started laughing hysterically. He growled and glared viciously at me. I gulped. Running around like that burnt off a lot of the alcohol I'd had in my system and I was starting to lose the stupid, alcohol-induced confidence and reality was hitting me in the face. I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to get out of this one.

"Come down here."

"Ha! No, thanks." I flipped him off and leaned casually against the fence.

"Heeyyy!" Someone slur-shouted. Mickey forced her way through the crowd, scrunching her face in confusion at the big guy. "Bear! What are you doing to poor Harley? Leave'r alone." She pushed against him a little in what looked like a half-hearted shove, but she was too drunk to have any effect. I laughed.

Bear. How fitting.

He glared at me again.

"Bear! Quit harrassin' the girl and go get a beer." Warren and Andy pushed through the crowd then. Andy threw his arm over Mickey's shoulder, trying to tow her in the opposite direction. Bear growled again, turned on his heel and stomped back through the crowd of onlookers.

My shoulders slumped as I blew out a relieved breath. Corey, Travis and Jeb walked over, chuckling and I slumped down on top of the dumpster, letting my feet dangle over the edge and laughing with them.

"What the hell was that about?" Jeb asked and I couldn't help but smile.

"Big man just couldn't handle rejection."

"Psh." Travis laughed. "More like he got pissed cause she gave him a black eye to reject him." Corey and Jeb looked at me confused.

"Well, he was being rude." I made a face. "And disgusting."

"I still don't get it." Corey shook his head.

"Your girl here was hanging around the bar a few weeks ago and Bear came up hitting on her and she swung around real quick and clocked him real good." Travis laughed, sipping a beer. "I had to hold him back from running after her. He was so pissed."