Chapter 8: Rain, After the Escape

Episode 4! Not much to say here besides the fact the Shamshel is a Shoulder Angel now, and he's a bit different to Sachiel.

-.-

August 7th, 2015

Rain. Heavy Rain. That's what spluttered throughout Tokyo-3. The dark sky signified that said rain was not going to stop anytime soon.

Inside her apartment, Misato Katsuragi was strewn under her sheets, not wanting to move after the Angel battle that took place the day before. The alarm going off woke her from her slumber, setting the clock to silent with her foot, she slowly got up, her hair an absolute mess from her sleep.

Moving towards the bathroom, she started to prepare for the day. Stepping into the shower, Misato let the hot water fall onto her. She sighed to herself as she rinsed her hair, letting the water dampen her head, allowing it to be washed. Grabbing the shampoo, she lathered it in her hair. 'He's going to skip school isn't he?' She thought to herself as she went about her buisness. Washing the shampoo out, and finishing up, she stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself. Grabbing another towel to wrap around her hair, she stepped out of the bathroom and headed towards Shinji's room.

She knocked. "Shinji! It's time to get up! Unit-01 is far ahead of schedule and its pilot needs to be ready to do his job. You need to get your act together. Shinji?" Misato frowned, opening the door slightly, the room was basically empty, Shinji nowhere to be found. Sachiel was in the room, seemingly asleep, while the newest addition to their family, Shamshel, leaned against the far wall. On a desk in the corner, there was a note written for Misato, Sachiel and Shamshel, and Shinji's NERV ID card sitting on top. "He ran away. I'm not surprised."

-.-

Toji and Kensuke stood outside the apartment. Apprehension on both their faces. Stepping forward slowly, Toji slowly rung the doorbell.

"Shinji!" Misato ran to the door, opening it with a frown, which turned to surprise at the two boys standing at the door.

"Pardon me, ma'am." Kensuke started. "We're Shinji's classmates, Aida and Suzahara."

"Aida and Suzahara?" Misato asked.

"Yes, ma'am. I'm Suzahara."

"Aren't you the boys who ended up in Unit-01's Entry Plug?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Both boys stated at the same time.

"We're sorry for causing you so much trouble." Toji stated, bowing to further his point. "The reason we've come today is that Shinji's been away for a couple days, ever since the battle. We came to see if he was okay."

"Well, uh," Misato started, running things through her mind about what she could say, "He's currently at the NERV training facility."

"Oh, I see."

"These are the printout's that were starting to build up on Shinji's desk." Kensuke said, handing the older woman the papers.

"Oh. Thank you! Sorry for your trouble."

"Well, we'll be leaving now." Toji said, bowing again.

"Please say 'hi' to Shinji for us!" Kensuke said, bowing his head slightly.

"Okay, I will. Bye!" Misato finished, waving at the boys as the door closed. Waiting a moment, the boys stood back up straight and stared at the door.

"Well this is an unexpected development." Kensuke noted.

"She was a real babe, wasn't she?" The boys turned to leave, heading towards the nearest stairs. 

"Shinji, you idiot!" The boys turned at the sound of Misato's voice, followed by a very audible kick to the door. Glancing at each other, they continued on their way, not thinking much of it.