CHUUNIN EXAMS: PHASE 2

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

So I wrote this 17,802-word chapter yesterday until 3:30 AM. Had to sleep so couldn't proofread it, but at least now you get a super long chapter :)

P.S. I almost cried at the amount of episodes I have to go through just to finish the Chuunin Exam AND Konoha Crush Arcs (TT^TT)

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

True to her word, Naruko Uzumaki kicked Kiba Inuzuka's ass shortly after she was done with her three ramen bowls; her treat for having passed the first phase of the Chuunin Exams. It was technically Anko's treat, given the meal was paid for by the money Naruko won with the bet, but it wasn't like any of them were complaining.

At this point in time, the remaining Chuunin-hopefuls were gathered outside a massive looming forest, with all that separated them being a high, barbed wire fence. A few were looking eagerly at the entrances, while some were apprehensive and still there were others — like Shikamaru — couldn't care less.

"There's something creepy about this place," Sakura winced.

Anko, having overheard the pinkette, chuckled. "This place is called the Forest of Death. You'll soon realize why— yowch!" The Jonin glared at the blonde who was frowning at her. Anko raised a finger to touch the cut from the kunai that had grazed her cheek, courtesy of Naruko. "Alright, I won't freak them out..." she added under her breath, "too much."

Of course Naruko heard it with her exceptional hearing thanks to Kurama, but she chose to let it go. It actually was kind of amusing watching everyone squirm. Damn; Kurama, Anko or Ibiki. One of them had been influencing her too much. "What?" Naruko asked at the looks of incredulity that were thrown her way. Her teammates sighed in unison, shaking their heads. Fuu tried not to laugh and Gaara pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Well, before we start the second exam, I have to pass this out to you." The proctor reached into her trench coat to pull out a stack of papers. "It's a consent form. Before you take part in the test, you have to sign this."

"Why?" some oblivious Genin called out.

Anko smirked. "From here on out, corpses are going to come out. I have to get your consent on that... or else it will be my responsibility."

"As if," Naruko called out. "You're never responsible, Anko."

"Watch it, maggot, or I might just throw you into that forest myself before we even start," the Jonin snapped back with a gleam in her eye. Naruko grinned, waving the threat off. Anko cleared her throat. "Well, I'm going to start the explanation for the second exam. In a nutshell, the limits of your survival will be challenged." As she spoke, she extended the stack of papers to Naruko, who took them and handed them to the next person.

"First, I'll give you a step-by-step instruction on the terrain of this Training Ground. The forty-fourth Training Ground is surrounded by forty-four locked entrance gates. There are rivers and a forest, and a locked tower in the middle. It's about 10 kilometres from the gates to the tower. In this confined area, you will go through a certain survival program." A smirk curled Anko's mouth. "The contents of which are..." She tucked the map back into her trench coat. "An anything-goes scroll battle!" She held two scrolls aloft; one was black and one was white.

"Scroll...?" Kabuto repeated, confused.

"Yes," Anko nodded, showing the kanji on each scroll. "I want you to fight for two scrolls, the Heaven Scroll and the Earth Scroll. Altogether, thirteen teams got through the first test. Half of them get the Heaven Scroll, the other half get the Earth Scroll. I'll hand over one scroll to each team. To put it simply, that's what you're vying for."