TEAM 7: BELL TEST

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

"...Team 7: Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha and Naruko Uzumaki, under Jonin Sensei Kakashi Hatake."

"Kill myself~" the Uchiha heir sang under his breath, cursing fate that he had what he perceived to be a weak kunoichi.

Naruko elbowed him sharply, her blue eyes flaring when she caught his implication, and Sasuke immediately mumbled a half-hearted apology, already familiar with the little bright flame called a "temper". Naruko huffed quietly and crossed her arms, looking away from the pouting Uchiha, still a little annoyed at his comment.

Her blue eyes caught a movement, and they flickered to the pink-haired, green-eyed girl who was looking down and sunk further down her chair, almost as if she was trying to hide under the desk. The Yamanaka heiress beside her smiled a little sympathetically at the girl and patted her pink head.

The whiskered girl frowned at the blatant show of timidity and... the protective girl beside her, for lack of better terminology. She mentally made a note to talk to the pinkette and work on her confidence and interactions.

"Team 8: Shino Aburame, Hinata Hyuuga and Kiba Inuzuka, under Jonin Sensei Kurenai Yuhi."

Naruko patted Hinata's shoulder sympathetically as the girl shrank back into her chair, aware of the Hyuuga heiress' intimidation by the loud, rowdy Inuzuka heir. Naruko sighed internally, but knew why the Old Man had put them together — they would make a very effective tracking team.

"Team 9 is still in circulation. Team 10: Choji Akimichi, Shikamaru Nara and Ino Yamanaka, under Jonin Sensei Asuma Sarutobi."

Ah, the InoShikaCho formation.

"You are all free to talk while you wait here for your senseis," Iruka smiled as he folded away his papers. "Get to know each other while you wait — they'll be here in a while. I'm very proud of all of you." His brown eyes lingered on Naruko, who gave him a small smile.

Then Iruka left the room, and it instantly erupted into chatter.

"Why why why why why," Naruko groaned as she banged her head on her desk repeatedly. "Why must we have the incredibly late, irresponsible and, out of all things, perverted Jonin sensei?"

Sasuke raised a eyebrow and slipped his hand between the desk and the blonde's forehead, not wanting her to get a giant bruise or lose any more brain cells than she had probably lost already. "Stop banging your head, dobe."

"What did you say?" Naruko narrowed her eyes at the Uchiha.

"Dobe," Sasuke repeated with a slight smirk.

"Teme," Naruko bit back, but amusement was dancing in both their eyes.

Hinata sighed, drawing their attention towards their new friend. "At least you two have each other... I'm stuck with a silent boy and a very intimidating and loud boy."

Naruko rolled her eyes and slung an arm around her. "You'll be fine, Hina."

Hinata sighed again as Sasuke "hn"ed.

"At least you will have a strong team," the Uchiha offered.

Naruko's head snapped to him. "Are you calling me weak, Uchiha?"

Sasuke flinched. "No..."

"You better not be talking about Sakura either," Naruko growled threateningly as Sasuke gulped subtly and made a mental note to never anger Naruko ever again.