The Man Who Planted Trees

The film is not mine.

It is one of the most important and inspirational pieces I've ever seen, about how one person can change the world - working simply, all by himself. It will leave you amazed and hopeful above all reason. You and your children - THE ENTIRE WORLD - needs to view this.

Adopted as an ANIMATED film by Frederic Back -  it won numerous Academy Awards, including one for BEST ANIMATED FILM OF 1987. The link is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTvYh8ar3tc

From a book written by French author Jean Giono and published in 1953. The book is titled: The Story of Elzeard Boufflier, The most Extraoidinary Character I Ever Met and The Man Who Planted Hope and Reaped happiness.

Wikipedia gives many other, real-life counterparts of men who accomplished what Boufflier is said to.

The link again, is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTvYh8ar3tc.

It is easily one of the most inspiring things I've ever seen and if you find it so, as I do, I hope you will pass it on.

You can also see the entire thing in 'Media,' lower right of this page : )

Thank you, sloanranger

PS: A postscript - just saw a public TV piece about a man in Africa who did this - cannot recall his name - but basically, he stopped the desert. Look him up  - I will, too : )