Chapter 5

I was out of breath when I finally reached my Chambers. Disappearing without a sight wasn't as easy as I had thought. Suddenly someone knocked at my door.

"Come in", I said gently while I sat down, took a book in my hands, pretending that I was sitting here for while. To my relief it wasn't my uncle. It was a strange handmaiden. 

"Excuse me, my princess. The Queen herself sent me to you, to serve you while you're here in Kings Landing."

I was suspicious immediately. My uncle warned me about the queen. Perhaps she did it, because Myrcella had one in Dorne? That seemed a little bit unlikely.

I smiled politely when I asked her about her name.

•Aurora, my princess."

" That's a nice name."

"Thank you, my princess."

Deep inside I groaned loudly. In Dorne, most of the people just called me Elia or if they didn't know me, mylady. Apparently the only thing that counted in Kings Landing was your title.

"How may I help you?", she asked shyly.

"I would like to take a bath."

She nodded and disappeared, getting the water to fill up the bathtube. I looked out of the window. The sun was going down and let the whole city shine in warm colors.

After a while, my new maiden reappeared and I finally stepped inside the bathtube.

„My Princess get out of it!", she yelled frightened, „it's too hot!"

I looked at her irritated. For me, the water felt warm, but not hot.

„Don't worry, it's not, I'm used to it."

She looked sceptical but she nodded.

When I finished the bath, she helped me with my dress and my hair. Someone knocked at my door and after i shouted „come in" for the second time today, it opened again. This time it was my uncle.

„You look lovely, Elia. Come with me, the Lannisters are expecting us for dinner."

I raised my eyebrows.

„The Lion wants to diner with the viper?"

„Apparently they really want peace." My uncle said softly but I recognized a small sight of sarcasm in his voice.

I nodded and turned around.

„Aurora, you're excused, thank you for your help."

„Anytime, my princess. Prince Oberyn."

My uncle gave me a strange look.

„Who is that?" He asked, as soon as my maiden disappeared out of sight.

„The queen sended her, to help me with any needs."

He shook his head.

„Use her wisley, Elia, she's spying on you. Seems like Cersei sees a threat in us."

„Looks like we share the same thought, uncle."

He smiled softly.

„You're my niece, of course we do. We should go now, I am sure Lord Tywin won't be amused, if we're late."

I sighed.

„Where's Ellaria?" I asked quickly.

„I wanted her to be with me, but she denied. Apparently she is convinced it might be seen as an affront to bring a bastard for dinner with the king."

„That would be the reason why I would do it." I muttered and he laughed loudly.

Even the dinner didn't took too long it felt like ages. The queen looked most of the time as if someone died and only spoke with us to ask a lot of questions about Myrcella. It was obvious that she missed her little girl very much.

A short pause happened when my uncle told her that in Dorne, we don't kill little girls, which was definitely a reference to the death of his niece and nephew.

The feast was over when the king suddenly demanded the song rains of castamere, while he smirked. I hold my breath. Everyone in Dorne knew what this song meant, knew what effects it had on the Martell family. It only proved his impertinent behavior as I had already assumed. My uncles face showed no emotions and I gulped. I knew this look on his face. This was not the face of Oberyn Martell, it was the face of the red viper.

Tywin Lannister commanded the singer to stop and the childish king complained about it directly. My uncle took this chance to excuse us and we left, escorting me to my room.

„He's a fucking bastard. He should be glad that I am not the queen of Dorne yet.", I said, as soon as we reached my chambers. I was disgusted by the little king.

My uncle gave me a look, which was definitely meant as a warning.

„Be careful, Elia, ears and eyes are everywhere in here."

The next day I decided that it was time to practise fighting. My cousins might not be here, but that didn't mean I would sit here everyday using a needle and start to sing or to dance, while losing the progress of my fighting skills. I took my sword, hid it under my dress and left the room. When I reached the stables, I asked for a horse. I loved riding. As soon as I had sneaked out the city, I galloped, a smile on my face. I had no Idea, that someone was following me.