Thorns and Petals: Part 3 (Lirry)

Liam stopped working, when he saw Mr. Styles and Zayn approaching. Unlike Harry, Zayn was always kind to the young lad. He looked just as intimidating and cold-hearted as Harry, maybe even more, but he was the only one Liam could trust. His presence made all the torture bearable for Liam. He stood still as the two men walked to him. Harry took off his black fedora hat, refreshing his long wavy locks and putting it back. He made his way to Liam with Zayn following him.

- Liam, I need you at the barn. Follow me. - he ordered smugly and walked away.

     Liam looked up at Zayn, who nodded with a sad smile, as there was nothing he could do about it. He followed them to the barn. Harry pushed him to the area that was used for playing polo, his rough hands leaving slight marks on Liam's burnt and aching skin. The rest of the employees gathered around the fence to see what was going on. Harry leaned forward to the closed fence and nodded to someone Liam couldn't see. Loud neighs and aggressive thumps of hooves were heard and a muscular man walked out from inside the barn, pulling a huge wild stallion with him. The horse was obviously male and untamed. Its long golden mane swayed around the windy sky as it was moving furiously to get free from the lead.

- Liam, this is Hercules. The newest addition of my horse stable. All you're required to do is ride him around a bit in order to get him used to being controlled. - Harry announced and looked at the tall milky-skinned stallion proudly.

     Deep inside, he was feeling bad for the innocent lad. But it all started because of Geoff's debt, so it was only fair. He lost twenty-five thousands dollars after all.

- B-but, Mr. Styles. I don't know how to r-ride a horse. - Liam quickly exclaimed, getting a dangerously stern look from Harry.

     The rest of the employees were deadly silent. They felt sorry for the young boy but they would never risk to talk to Mr. Styles without his permission. Liam looked at Zayn pleadingly, frightened for his life and health. But Zayn looked at him helplessly, his eyes full of concern and guilt. Even Zayn was too weak to go against Harry.

     Liam looked up at Hercules and gulped. It was so big and strong that he couldn't even climb it. One of the men that worked in the barn was keeping the stallion in its place forcefully, while another one grabbed Liam's arms to help him get on the horse. Once Liam sat on the furious animal, his feet barely reaching the pedals, they gave him the lead and left him. As soon as they walked away, Hercules began jumping up and down hysterically, trying to escape. Liam clutched to the horse's neck tightly, as it ran around the polo area so fast, it made the boy's head pound. The stallion ran in circles, letting out angry noises and trying to throw the weight off its back.

     Some employees held Zayn back, as he started yelling at Harry to let him help the boy. But Harry was standing there, smirking in satisfaction.

     When Liam's hands couldn't take the pressure anymore, his grip loosened and the horse threw him harshly on the rocky ground. Liam screamed and yelped as the horse kept moving near him and its hooves hit his already fragile body in the process.

     Zayn tried to push the others away but before he could get fully free from their tight grips, a tall dark figure ran to Liam abruptly.

- STOP IT! - Harry yelled and the men working in the barn ran to the stallion to push it back.

      Everybody kept quiet as they stood there in shock, watching the scene take place in front of them. Harry quickly kneeled down and scooped Liam's trembling body into his strong arms. Liam was screaming and crying from the indescribable pain, his eyes shot tightly and blue marks already forming on the spots where the hooves hit him.