9. One hell of an Uncle

I yelped out in surprise, pushing the bag out of my lap which sent the cover flying open, allowing all the contents to sprawl out onto the berth I was sitting on. That including a small little robot that was chirping and squeaking in equal surprise. I pushed myself away from the little robot, but instead of attacking like I expected it to, the mech crawled back into my bookbag and hid. Curiosity got the better of me and got onto my knees and crawled over "hey little one, how did you get in my ba-"

"Move outta the way fleshie," said Wildstrike, on the offensive suddenly. I looked up to see him with his canons in place of his hands and aimed at my bag. He and the other bots surrounded, and I blushed under their gaze.

"Hey! Cool your circuits Wildstrike! He didn't do anything but startle me is all," I hiss at him, returning my attention to the bag before crawling over. I peeked into my bookbag, only to see the shivering little form of the robot that touched my face a few moments before. "Hey little guy, don't be scared, I won't let them hurt ya," I say gently, noticing that the robot lifted his face to look at me. I could feel him shaking through the bag as I hovered over it, it was strangely adorable actually. He poked his head out of the bag and rolled onto his back, extending his arms to embrace my face, similar to what a baby would do. I smiled and picked him up, hugging him close to my chest. It was an odd yet very nice feeling, hugging the little robot, I couldn't really explain it.

"See? He's just a lil cutie pie," I cooed, my female instinct to protect and nurture the little bot kicking in to full gear. He nuzzled his little face into my neck and I giggled, petting his back gently.

"How do we know its not a Decepticon spy?" Wildstrike insisted, his canons still raised in our direction.

"Primus Wildstrike, stand down," Ratchet warned, holding up his hands to calm the mech, though his efforts were in vain.

"Don't tell me to 'stand down' Ratchet, we all know Soundwave's got this planet locked down, it was difficult enough to infiltrate the atmosphere undetected, and even then, Optimus wound up injured! We can't afford to take any risks."

Ratchet was stunned with Wildstrikes response, clearly he didn't expect such a rebuttal, when he turned to Optimus for an order, I began to feel as though I should slip away with the little guy in my arms while they were busy with each other. I didn't want myself or the mech to get caught up in the middle while they were at each others throats, I planned my escape route while Optimus spoke to them.

"Wildstrike, drop your weapons, we will allow the minicon to explain himself before coming to a decision as to what will be done, are we clear," Optimus said pointedly at the Lamborghini who dropped his canons promptly, giving only a weak nod in response.

"So much for Soundwave being lazy eh," I heard Chromia muse, the remark earned her a punch from Wildstrike on the shoulder. It was a light punch but a punch nonetheless. Due to culture I always thought it wrong for men to hit women no matter the relationship they had, obviously the rules did not apply here, or they were close enough to be okay with it.

I looked down to the little robot who hid his face in my chest, he was silver with rounded armor that bore strange engravings akin the the orb which I assumed he transformed into, and several of them lit up with a gentle blue glow, fading off and then another few would light up, I felt like it was trying to convey a message of some sort. After a moment of silence he looked up, revealing a small black optical strip that peered up at me in inquisition, promptly I motioned to Optimus, who spoke to the mech in a language beyond my comprehension.

When Optimus finished, the little mech leaped out of my lap and bounded over, stopping when he had to look directly up at the prime. The minicon then began to respond in the same language, I assumed that since they both could speak it fluently, it was their native language, whatever they called it. Optimus nodded along, as did the other bots within the room all but Wildstrike, who had a skeptical look across his visage.