The wonders of childhood and how bad the memories make you miss it.

• Dedicated to Michael Brooks

    It's so true. When you are young all you want to do is grow up, and make your own rules and live independently. Those are common childhood aspirations but as we aspire to those things we always seem to lose sight of the fun and memories we make during those times. Way before video games came around I would go outside and play. It wouldn't matter how cold, hot, dark, or wet it was I wanted to be outside playing. I did play video games every now and then but not like I do now. I think now about how much fun I had out side playing, and chasing bugs or frogs to put them in jars and wonder why they died the next day. Recently I ran across a movie that really unlocked my childhood years. The movie for Rohld Dahl's book- The BFG. A movie that before this weekend I hadn't seen since 2nd grade, and it really made me stop and think, I can't believe how old I am. Where did those days of being a child go? Why did it fly by and the movie made me wish I could go back, and re-live my days of being young. Time is short and you never really realize to yourself how bad you miss something until you find the key to unlock that dusty chest in the back of your mind.

                    "don't wake, 

you'd have to come down." 

               -Sharon Campbell, Sometimes Secretly, Bfg (1989)