Training Session

You sit in a familiar corridor outside the training centre just waiting for it to be over. Suddenly, your District is called. Walking into the large room, you find yourself surrounded by a mass of weapons. Any weapon you can imagine and more; knifes, maces, spears, axes... The 'important' people of the Capitol, including the cruel heartless Gamekeeper, sit above you waiting for you to begin.

Everything you do here will be the difference between forming alliances with Careers and being the first to be hunted down. Make sure they're scared of you - don't let them think you're weak.

***

This is it tributes, we're on our way to the Games!

This is the chance for each tribute to show their time in the Games. How will you react being thrown out if reality and into a world where only the best survives? Do you have what it takes to outlive twenty three other tributes? One of you will win. For the rest, tell us your story and make sure you go out fighting. 

The next few tasks will be based outside the arena before the actual Games begin. Anything may happen, following the rules the Capitol set of course, but make sure to impress. Alliances can be formed with fake tributes or real contestants in tasks; you don't have to ask them, simply write about it in the task. If someone has spoken with you in a task, you don't have to include it in any of your entries.  Usually, I will post your entries in a chapter so that members of the public can vote for who they want to survive. Then, the decision will be made of which tributes die in that round. Of course, no tributes can die yet so these tasks will work differently.

This task is tributes presenting their skills to the Gamekeepers for their training score. Each tribute will write their version of the Training Session. They can be written in first or third person and include any feelings towards the Capitol, home or other tributes. You may also talk to other tributes and you don't need any permition to do this. Because the training sessions are done in secret, I will be the only one to see and judge them. I will be looking for good punctuation, interesting characters and back stories and good or unique survival methods. This will be my first sample of your writing and first chance to get to know your tributes. If I'm impressed, you'll score high.

***

Your score determines what items you can obtain at the Cornucopia. The scores will be done in the usual 1-12 basis and the following scores will give you:

1-4 = Very little. Maybe one useless piece of plastic or a handful of grass.

5 = Either a small piece of rope, a matchbox with one match, half an apple, two strong rubber bands or a square of metal the size of your palm.

6 = 5 of these items - an empty 500ml water bottle, a small piece of rope, a tiny thin blanket, a matchbox with three matches, a slightly blunt knife, a slingshot, a bag with a raw rabbit leg, a packet of crackers, a coil of wire, a brick - in a little glow-in-the-dark green rucksack.

7 = 7 of the items from six in a little glow-in-the-dark green rucksack.

8-9 = 7 of these items - a coil of barbed wire, a portion of dried beef, a knife, a thin sleeping bag, a full 500ml water bottle, a long rope, a matchbox with eight matches, a bag with a cooked rabbit leg, a small box of green face paint (enough for one use), a blanket, - in a light brown rucksack. Plus 1 of these weapons - six throwing knives, a dagger, an axe, a throwing axe, a small spear or a mace.

10 = 8 of these items - two portions of dried beef, a knife, a matchbox with fifteen matches, a bag of apples, a tent pole, a box of face paint (enough for three uses), a bandage , any other items from previously - in 1 or 2 camouflage rucksacks. Plus two of these weapons - a sword, a bow with fourteen arrows, any other weapons from previously.

11 = 10 of these items - a tent, a cooked rabbit, a thick long jacket, a scarf, any other items from previously - in 1 or 2 camouflage rucksacks. Plus three of these weapons - two throwing axes, ten throwing knives, any other weapons from previously.

12 = 12 items from previously with any number of rucksacks. 5 weapons from previously and any you can think of.

You may pick your items when you're at the Cornucopia, based on your surroundings. Some tributes brave and strong enough may wish to stay at the Cornucopia. In this case, you may have any amount of food named. Only do this if you score ten or upwards or are accompanied by a tribute with ten or more points who will protect you.

***

If anyone is confused, Sponsors or tributes, let me know and I'll answer any questions. Tributes have until the 3rd (next Saturday) to message me their version of the training. If, for any reason, you can't send it by then, let me know and we'll arange another time for you to send it in. Please remember to message me it so that others can't see it and try not to make it the size of a novel. Good luck!

HHG