The Start Of Something New (1)

New Year's Eve

Marinette's POV
I was happily engrossed in my book until someone rudely snatched it out of my grasp "Mari, its New Years Eve. Enough reading!"
"But, Mum. I'm almost done!"
"The teen party? I've laid out your best clothes. Come get ready!" Ughh I forgot about this!!
"Can I have my book back?" Please please please! YES I have the book!
"Thank you!"
"Now come on!" She said with a smile.

Adrien's POV
"Keep working left, Adrien! Got a guard in the championship game we're expectin'. You'll torch 'em!"
"Am I going left?" I questioned to my dad that's the coach on our school team that I'm the captain of. "Yeah!" Haha he's so passionate about our sport! But then again so am I! "He looks middle, you take it downtown!"
"OK, like this?" I fake left and shoot right throwing the ball into the hoop! "Whoo! That's it, man. Sweet! Let's see that in the game!" We bicker about basketball until my Mum interrupts us. How rude!

"Boys?" She calls "Did we really fly all this way to play more basketball?" My father and I look at each other. "Yeah" we chorus nodding our heads. "It's the last night of vacation. The party, remember?" She asks whilst spinning in a small circle. "Right, the party? The party! New Years Eve!" He says with realisation.
"Adrien, they have a kid's party downstairs in the freestyle club"
I grimace at her choice of wording. "Kid's party?"
"Young adults!" She corrects herself. "Now go, shower up!"
"Come on. One more?" I give her puppy eyes "Last one!" My dad adds in. "Real quick!" She nods and I shoot and effortlessly toss the ball into the net with grace. "There we go! That's the way to end it"
I get shoed out the room and go and get ready.

I go downstairs once I'm ready and the people on stage stop singing and someone else goes on. "All right! How about that for a couple of snowboarders?" The crowd claps and cheers the people I decide to clap too. The man on stage speaks again. "Who's gonna rock the house next? Huh?" He gets off stage as two spotlights whir around the room and one lands on a beautiful bluenette that's reading and the other lands on me, great.

"Hahahaho!" He says as he pulls me up on stage I say "Look, I don't sing, I can't sing no guys!"
"And you! Yeah, come on" he said yanking the girl up on stage with me as someone in the background shouts "Get up there!!" Rude! The guy come back and says "Hey you know what? You guys will thank me for this someday! Or not?" And walks off.

Marinette's POV
Great my stupid self conscious ass is up on stage be forced to sing with a hot boy! Only me!
Suddenly I hear the music start and the boy starts to sing.

"Livin' in my own world, didn't understand. *cough cough* That anything can happen, when you take a chance" I saw him about to walk away and I started to sing
"I never believed in, what I couldn't see. I never opened my heart, to all the possibilities. Oooohh"
(Bold - both)
(Underlined - Adrien)
(None - Marinette)
"I know that something has changed never felt this way and right here tonight this could be the start of something new it feels so right to be here with you ohhh. And now lookin' in your eyes I feel in my heaaarrrttt feel in my heaaarrttt the start of something new ohhhhh yeahhhh now who'd of ever thought that we'd both be here tonight yeahhh and the world looks so much brighter brighter brighter with you by my siddee by my sidddeeee I know that something has changed never felt this way I know it's for real this could be the start of something new it feels so right to be here with you ohhhhhh and now lookin' in your eyes I feel in my heart the start of something new I never knew that it could happen 'til it happened to me ohhhhh yeahh I didn't know it before but now it's easy to see ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's the start of something new it feels so right to be here with you ohhh and now lookin' in your eyes I feel in my heart that it's the start of something new it feels so right to be here with you ohhh and now lookin' in your eyes I feel in my heart feel in my heart the start of something new the start of something new the start of something new"

We stood there whilst the crowd cheered and danced around the stage and stared into each other's glistening orbs until the gorgeous boy spoke "Adrien!" And offered his hand to shake. "Marinette!" I replied giggling.

Adrien's POV
I lead Marinette outside after we got hot cocoa "But seriously, you have an amazing voice. Your a singer, right?" I asked the gorgeous girl in front of me. She giggled as it filled my heart with warmth and she replied "Just church choir is all. I tried to solo and I nearly fainted!"
"Really why's that?" I questioned her. " I took one look at the people staring at me and the next thing I new I was staring at the ceiling! end of my solo career" she spoke and giggled. Ughh again with the adorable giggles!!!! This girls doing things to me I swear! (Dirty minded people 🙄😂)

"Well the way you sang tonight that's pretty hard to believe!"
"That was the first time I have done something like that! I mean it was so cool!!"
"I know! Completely!"
"You sound like you've sung a lot too" I chuckled at this and responded with "Yeah, sure. My showerhead is very impressed with me!"

"9,8,7...." people shouted, counting down to midnight in the background. "....6,5,4,3,2,1!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!" They screamed as fireworks went off in the distance. She looked at me and I wanted to kiss her so bad [and by the looks of things she wanted to, too😏] but she spoke before I hade the chance " I guess I better go find my Mum and wish her a happy new year." I better do that too but I don't wanna goo!! "Yeah, me too. I mean, not your Mum. My Mum..... and Dad! Uh.... I'll call you! I'll call you tomorrow!" I said with enthusiasm "Yeah!" She said in the same voice as me. "Here, put your number in!" I responded taking a picture of her *click/flash/click* "you too!" She replied, I put my number in and took a picture of me the gave it back to her. "There you go M'lady!" (I had to put it in!!) "Oh thank you kind sir!" She called with a curtsy and unbeknownst to me she left. "Just so you know, singing with you was the most fun I've had on this entire vacation! So um where do you liv-" she was gone! I looked around but she was nowhere to be seen. "Marinette" I said and looked into the distance with a smile.

A/N
Hope you enjoyed it cuz that took furever to do!
Bye my kittens!
Elle xx