Chapter 30

Storm's POV

I opened my eyes and yawned.  I stood up and stretched.  I almost instantly noticed two missing scents.  Katara and Logan where gone!  Nightfury was still here though.  I changed into my half human form with galaxy ears and tail.  I stood between the two empty beds and tried to find scent trails.  It was as if Katara and Logan had disappeared into thin air. 

Even if they had flown away, a light scent trail would still be there.  I heard a light groan.  Nightfury sat up.  I went over to his bed.  Nightfury looked at me after a few seconds.  "W-what happened?"  He asked eventually.  I shook my head. 

"When I was in the city, a sharp whistle made it impossible to move or put my ears and tail away.  That happened to almost everyone here.  I was able to above passing out thanks to these headphones.  A friend made them so I can't hear the whistle but still everything else."  I explained.

Nightfury nodded slowly.  He slid off the bed carefully.  I wrapped my arms around his waist.  Nightfury hesitated but I felt his arms settle on my back.  Nightfury was probably 5'9, so I was around 5'2.  "What's with the hug?"  Nightfury asked. 

I pulled back and smiled.  "I can't give my older brother a hug?"  I asked, pretending to have been hurt by the remark.  Nightfury's eyes widened.  "You remember?!"  He asked.  I nodded.  "I was thinking about a vision I had."  I said softly.  Nightfury seemed to notice the empty beds.  "Where are they?"  He asked.  I shrugged.  "I woke up and they were gone.  All of the wolf and fox hybrids are except for us."  I said.  Nightfury closed his eyes. 

His cloud ears, tail and wings came out.  Nightfury opened his eyes, but they were completely black now.  I grabbed his hand, but Nightfury pushed me back.  It was hard enough that I lost my grip and skidded into one of the beds.  The bed toppled, I hit the floor.  Jared burst in.  He evaluated the room as Nightfury walked out the door.  Jared moved to help me up, but I was already after my brother.  "Nightfury!  Stop!"  I yelled.  My words fell onto deaf ears, there was no response.

Jared grabbed my shoulder.  "I have to go after him!  He isn't leaving a scent trail!  If I don't follow, I'll end up loseing him too!"  I retorted.  Jared turned me around.  "You can't go alone."  He said.  I turned into my lightning wolf\fox while Jared changed into a dragon that looked a lot like Red's.  I turned and ran after my brother before he got too far.  Nightfury wasn't walking very fast so we caught up with him quickly.  Nightfury paused.  A small white light flashed.  Nightfury flew up and away in his cloud wolf form. 

I quickly changed into my galaxy form and followed him.  Jared kept up pretty well, after catching up though.  "I never knew you could change forms that fast."  He said in between breaths.  I nodded.  "I can't always.  Usually if I'm forcing the change to happened faster."  I stated blankly.  Nightfury dived down.  Jared and I followed as closely as possible.  Vines and hanging limbs made it hard. 

Nightfury finally paused.  I changed into my nature form.  I pushed the vines and branches away.  Nightfury took off again.  I growled and ran after him.  My paws lifted off the ground after about half a mile.  I half turned to see wings that matched my fur on my back.

Jared caught up again and half hasped.  "You grew wings?"  He said in shock.  I forced a hard nod.  "The same thing happened with my fire form.  Wings appeared when I was mad."  I half explained.  Jared seemed to be wording something in his head.  We were cast into since for a few moments. 

"Is that why you eyes turned completely red?"  Jared finally asked.  I stayed silent.  "I'm not allowed to talk about that."  I said before flying closer to Nightfury.  We were really far from the camp.  I noticed a clearing.  I dropped to the ground since this didn't seem normal.  My wings disappeared so I ended up falling about twenty feet, right into a pine tree.

Jared dropped down.  "What do we do now?  This might be a trap."  He warned.  I growled.  "Even if it is, I'm not leaving without everyone.  I only just met my family, I'm not letting anyone take them away from me again."  I said harshly.  Jared hesitated but nodded once. 

I closed my eyes and turned into my human form with galaxy ears and tail.  I forced my wings to stay away.  I winced when they finally did.  "Storm, that form is supposed to have wings.  You can't keep them in for long."  Jared warned.  I nodded. 

"Everyone knows about my normal wolf pup form, this form will let me sneak in unnoticed.  I shouldn't take too long."  I said calmly.  I willed my eyes to appear completely black, like Nightfury's were, and walked out slowly.  I made sure my necklace was invisible as well.  I saw a lot of wolf and fox hybrids. 

All different breads and colors.  A few turned towards me.  They came closer.  "You! What's your name pup?"  The shadow hybrid asked harshly.  I gulped.  "Starfire, sir."  I said.  This guy was obviously a leader.  The guy half smiled.  "Someone finally recognizes my new commanding position here!  I like her."  The guy said, turning and walking away.

I sighed and winced again.  I had to hurry and find my family, and fast.  Before my wings came out a get me killed!  I followed when the hybrids all walked towards a house.  It didn't seem big, but the inside was huge.  I had to remind myself that I was on a mission.  "134, 135, 136..."  Someone was counting. 

They passed me without a second glance.  I saw someone sitting on what looked like a throne.  "Is everyone here Seraphine?"  The guy on the throne asked.  Seraphine must be the one counting the hybrids.  She came running up to the throne.  "My lord, it appears there is one extra hybrids im our mists."  She said, bowing on her knee, as if she was going to be knighted.  The person growled and took out a silver, gold and black whistle.  It was made of silver, enchanted bronze and obsidian. 

I could tell from here.  Whoever blew that whistle could effect any hybrid bread they wanted.  Since wolf and fox hybrids and closely related, they both get affected!

My hair must have been covering my headphones.  The person blew the whistle.  All the hybrids fell except for me and one other.  "You two, come here right now!"  Seraphine yelled.  I walked slowly to the stage.  "One of you is not supposed to be here."  She growled.  I resisted the urge to growl back. 

The other person had a hat on.  I could see green and black hair with wolf ears.  Skylar?  I though.  The person straightened.  Seraphine grinned.  She turned to me.  Seraphine back handed me, making me fall back.  I lost focus and my eyes went back to normal.  My necklace came into view as well.  "So you're the traitor!"  She hissed. 

Seraphine was a cat/wolf mixed hybrid.  The guy on the throne stood up.  Seraphine stepped back.  "Who are you really, Starfire?"  He growled.  I stood up quickly, my wings popping out.

I felt a relief I didn't have to force my wings to stay hidden anymore.  I growled.  "My name is Storm Luna Starfire Blackthorn!  I came here to take back what you have taken from me and my family!"  I yelled loud enough the other hybrid on the stage stepped back in shock.  S-storm?  A voice asked in my head.

  Sky, is that really you?  I asked.  I saw the other hybrids nod slightly.  The dude tore off his hood.  I gapsed at what I saw.