VII

"Y/N OPEN THE DOOR I WANNA EAT BREAKFAST ALREADY!"

I ran to the door so Younghyun could quit his crying. "I'm not making breakfast," I said. "So if you're hungry, you can make something. I'm going out to eat later, so I'm not gonna spoil my appetite."

"Going out? Where's my invite?" Younghyun pouted.

"I'm going with a classmate to start our project."

"Classmate? Oh, you mean that Jae guy, right?"

"Yeah, that Jae guy."

"Wait, but why can't I come?" Younghyun whined. "I'll just sit there and eat."

"We're going to the cafe." I explained. "Why would you wanna go to work when you're not working?"

"But Y/N," he continued on. "You're gonna leave me here all alone. I don't have anyone." He pouted his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

"Yess!" He smiled and jumped up.

"BUT-"

"Aw, there's a but?"

"You can't distract me or Jae from our work. I have a class I'm trying to pass, okay?"

"Of course! I'll just sit with you guys at the table and just drink my drink and eat if I buy any food and I'll just be there in your company! Yes?" He held his hands up in a thumbs up pose, smiling.

"You better." I walked over to my bedroom to get ready for today.

I took a shower and got dressed in a basic outfit, nothing more than a T-shirt and jeans. I walked out of my bedroom with a towel in my head and saw Younghyun sitting at my breakfast bar on his phone.

"Dude!" I said loudly, slightly startling him. "What are you still doing here?"

"I was waiting for you."

"You're not gonna like do anything before we leave? I thought you would go back to your place and do something."

"I don't need to do anything else, so I just stayed here. Sorry I didn't tell you." He said apologetically.

"Sorry for snapping at you." I took the towel off my head. "Have you seen my hairbrush?"

"It's on the couch," Younghyun replied monotonously, staring at his phone.

I walked over to my couch, and there it was, as Younghyun said so. God, he spends so much time here. He might as well be living here.

I brushed my damp hair and walked back over to Younghyun. "Okay, you ready to go?"

"Of course! We're taking your car, right?" He stood up and started walking out the door.

"Yup," I replied, walking out, grabbing my backpack and locking the door behind me.

Hey, I'm already on my way to the cafe, just thought I should let you know. I sent Jae the text right before pulling out of the apartment complex.

"I'm not paying for you, you know," I told Younghyun on our way to the cafe.

He gave me a side glance. "I'm not that dumb Y/N. I know you're not."

"Just- please. Don't bother us, or if you're gonna say something, make it useful to what we're doing."

"Why are you so stressed out over seeing this guy? He's just a classmate and you don't even know him. You barely know anything about him! Why all this stress?"

"Because, you know how I feel about people judging me Younghyun."

"Yeah, but this guy?" He shook his head. "C'mon Y/N. I doubt you're ever gonna see this guy after this semester."

"Okay, whatever, you're probably right, but just, don't make me look stupid." I pulled into the parking lot of the cafe and turned off the car. "C'mon, let's go." I grabbed my backpack, and locked the car as we both entered the cafe.

I looked around to see if Jae was already here. Nope.

I checked my phone. I had no messages from him and it was already a few minutes past noon.

"Is he here?" Younghyun said, looking around.

"Let's just sit down." I walked over to a table and put my bag on a chair and sat down. I opened my phone to text him again.

Jae? Are you on your way? I'm already here.

The message was marked as delivered, but not read. How am I supposed to know if he's actually seeing the message or not?

I should call him. I put my phone to my face as it started ringing, waiting for the other line to pick up. It went to personalized voicemail box.

It's Jae. Sorry I couldn't answer, I was probably busy. If it's something important leave a message.

I hung up and called again. After about four rings, the line finally picked up.

"Jae? Are you good? I'm already here at the cafe, and I just wanted to make sure that you're still coming like we agreed right?"

He hung up.

He HUNG UP.

I stared at my phone in shock and contempt. Is he really about to blow off this whole thing? I really got ready and came to work for nothing?

I stood up and got in line to order a drink. I might as well, I'm already the the cafe. Leo, one of my coworkers, was working at the register today.

"Hey Y/N! What are you doing here? Your shift isn't until later today."

"Oh, you know, I was just here working on a project with someone. I just wanted a s'mores frappe."

"Oh, of course," he said, tapping away at his screen. "What size?"

"Large."

"Okay, 3.97."

I stuck my card in the machine and paid, and went to go sit back down.

Younghyun had come back from getting a muffin and his drink.

"Where's Jae?"

"You know what dude? I think after I get this drink I'm just gonna head home."

"What? Why? Where's Jae? I thought you guys were supposed to work on the project or whatever-"

"Y/N!" I turned my head around as my name was called by two voices, one by whoever was making drinks, and another from an exasperated Jae running through the door of the cafe.
_________________________
A/N: hi this story is back from the dead
VOTE FOR DAY6 ON MGMA
kinda wanna write another fic but I haven't even finished the first two I have smh
stream time of our life and drink water!
ch. 8 soon!