2

Chapter 2
The 2 Strangers

■■■■■■

Outside the door stood 2 men. They both looked as if they were from out of town One had brownish red hair and Hazle eyes, he has a sword sheath attached to his belt, with a sowrd in it, and he also had a bow over his sholders and a quiver of arowws flung over his sholders too. The other had light brown hair and Blue eyes. He didn't have nearly as many weapons as the other but he did have a small dagger within its sheath attached to his belt.

"Can I help you?" I asked. The man with hazle eyes spoke frist. "Yes... we're from Raygate Acdamey, my name is Ashton and this is Oliver, Oliver Bensly. And we have a qustion and please do answer it honestly. Is there a dragon in this house?" Asked Mr. Ashton. I froze for a moment. "Why do you want to know?" I asked. "Because... because-" Oliver (Mr.Bensly) started to answere but was cut off by Mr. Ashton. "Look kid we know it's in there. So please just make our life's easier and show us." I let out a sigh. "Ok." I said. As I stepped out of the way and let them in.

The 2 men walked inside and looked around. "So... why are you guys looking for Emb- I mean the baby dragon?" I asked as I went over to where Ember was hidden and stood in front of him proactively. "We've gotten reports that it's hurt. So we're looking for it so we can get it some medical help." Answered Mr.Bensly. " Well there's more to it then that but thata part of it." Said Mr.Ashton. "Ok... And you're telling the truth?" I asked. "Yes. The chieftivise of this village can support this." Said Mr.Ashton. "Oh. Ok then." I said as I rembered back to what my Aunt had Said.

I stepped aside and lifted up the blanket. Ember then looked at the 2 men and sunk his head down. I then crouched down and faced him. "Hey buddy. They say they can help your wing. Don't worry... They seem trust worthy. And if they try anything funmy then i'll protect you." I whispered to him. Ember then climbed onto my sholder and I stood up back to my full hight.

Mr. Ashton And Mr.Bensly were starring at Ember and his hurt wing. Mr.Benslys eyes were wider then Mr.Ashtons though. "By the Heavens. The bond. It's coming from this dragon and from him." Mr.Bensly said as he pointed at me. "Pardon?" I said slightly confused. "How long have you been takeing care of this dragon?" Mr.Bensly asked. "Umm... less then a day?" I answered, makeing it sound less like an answer and more like a question. "Why do you Ask?" I asked.

"No, there's no way you can have a bond this strong with you only takeing care of him for less then a day." Mr. Bensly then said. "Umm, I'm not sure what a bond is," I mummbled under my breath but no one heard me sat it, "and no, I found him yesterday afternoon, on my way home from a hunting trip." I said as I turned my head ever so slightly and looked at Embers head, which just so happened to be almost next to mine consedring he was sitting on my shoulder.

"Well... obviously it trust you a great deal." Mr.Besnly said. "Say... what did you say your name was kid?" Asked Mr.Ashton. "I never said my name but it's Jase, Jase Warrior." I said.
"Are you related to the chieftivise of this village?" Mr.Ashton asked. "Not by blood, but yes. She's my Aunt." I said. "Well... we need to speak to her again and you're coming too and so is the drag-" Mr.Ashton started to say but I cut him off. "Ember. His name is Ember." I said. "And he agreed on that name?" Asked Mr. Bensly. "Yes. He liked it. Didn't you buddy?" I said as I turned my head ever so slightly to see Ember, who nodded in response. "Alright then. Now, we must get going." Said Mr. Ashton.

Then without another word they both started heading towards my front door. They opened my front door and walked out only to take a few steps and stop. They turned back and looked at me, I was just kinda awkwardly standing there. "Well kid? You coming?" Asked Mr. Ashton. I snapped out of my daze and nodded. I knew that Ember would have to go too and I also knew he would getlooked at by everyone in town, so I grabbed mt bag and gently put him in it. I then put on mt coat and zipped it up then I left my house with the 2 men.