1

Chapter 1
A Small Red Beast

■■■■■■

I was walking trough a snow storm in the middle of the woods, My brown snow boots leaving foot prints behind me and those foot prints almost instantly being covered up by more snow thanks to the snow storm. I was walking as fast as I could, I would have been running but the wind from the storm prvented me from running. My heavy black coat was almost complety white because of the snow. I was wearing a black hoddie under my coat and under the hoddie was a longsleved grey shirt. My hoddie and shirt were cold and wet because of the snow that had meatled thanks to my coat and body heat. My grey sweat pants were wet towards the bottom and were almost colored pure white, just like my coat was, thanks to the snow. I had on 2 more pairs of sweat pants underneath my main pair of sweat pants and all 3 pairs were cold and damp thanks to my body heat melting the snow. My socks were about the only thing that were not damp and covered in snow. My hoddie hood was pulled over my head and pulled over that was my coats furlined hood. Basically I was cold, wet, and desperate to get home.

"Just a little bit further." I mumbled to myself. I was trying to get back to my village. I had gone out hunting but then this snow storm hit and now I was trying to get home. I wasn't able to catch anything but I didn't care. All I wanted was to get home.

After about 5 more minutes of walking I had sat down. I know I wanted to get home but I was starving. I had made myself a roast beef sandwich before I left my house and right now I was really wanting to eat it. I went and sat underneath one of the many leafless dead trees. I opened my bag and took out my sandwhich. "Yes." I silently said, satisfied, as I unwrapped the brown colored paper around my sandwich. I went to take a bite of my sandwhich but something made me stop before I bit it. What had stopped me was a nosie. It was incredibly faint and quite and even though the wind from the storm was loud I still heard it. It sounded like a wimper that came from a small animal. Then I heard it again, and again. I stood up and went looking for the source of the sound. After taking about 3 steps I saw a small bit of movement beneath the snow. What ever was wimpering it was barried beneath the snow.

I started to dig up the snow. Once I got a bit of snow dug up I saw something, snow that was stained crimson red. blood? "What the? What is that? Blood?" I silently asked. I dug up even more snow and what I saw shocked me. It was a baby dragon, with red scales and emerald green eyes. It was lying in the bloody red snow shivering and its eyes were barely open, its breathing was getting faster and faster and it was wimpering as if it were in pain.

"What's a dragon doing out here?" I asked myself. "Dragons don't live out here and they're a really rare sight to see around her. So why is there a baby dragon out here?" I silently asked myself as I slowly reached my hand out to it but the dragon tried to move away but once it suddely moved it let out a loud howl of pain and fell down. I quicly pulled my hand away as it was moving. After it fell back to the grown I saw something... its wing... it was... broken. Its wing looked horribly disfigured and it was covered in blood. "Oh my Goodness! What happend to you? You need medical help." I said.

The baby dragon was staring at me... well actully it was staring at the sandwhich I held in my other hand. The light and life in its emerald green eyes were fading but neather the less it countuied to look at my sandwhich. I tore off a bit of my sandwhcih and held it out towards the small beast. It lifted its head ever so slightly and sniffed it then without a moment of hesitation he devored it. "Wow... you sure are hungry." I quietly said as I tore off another piece and gave it to the dragon.

I then got out the small little med kit I kept in my bag, just in case I ever got hurt while hunting, I got out a rag, a small bottle of rubbing alcohol, some gauze, and then I got out my water bottle. I gave the baby dragon the rest of my sandwhich and as it ate I carefully used the rag and the water from my water bottle to clean off the blood. As I was wipeing off the blood I found the sorce of the bleeding, it was from the broken wing. "Ok... buddy... this is gonna sting." I said. I poured a small bit of the rubbing alcohol on to the rag and I slowly moved the rag towards the wound and wiped it. The dragon let out a loud yelp but he stayed still and allowed me to clean the bleeding wound. I cleaned it and wrapped some gauze around the hurt wing.