Competition Chapter Two

Nialls Point Of View~

The siren like alarm clock beeped loud, it's obnoxious roar springing me to life. I calmed myself, taking a whiff of the air smelling breakfast downstairs awaiting me. I jumped up from my bed smiling in the full body length mirror beside me as I did so.

"Hello gorgeous" I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

I skipped over to the shower, Turing the knobs to the appropriate temperature. After a moment of waiting I hopped it, running a hand through my bleached hair.

With a towel around my waist I proceeded to search for the perfect first day of school outfit. A classic red polo, beige chinos and grey supras. I shook my wet hair like a dog letting it fall into its natural place, messy but perfect all at the same time. I raced downstairs, picking up speed as I rounded the corners. My stomach screaming and begging for anything, any food at all, Vegemite even. I breathed in the tastebud exploding scent of bacon and eggs. As I reached the dining room I dove for the empty seat just as my mother set the place down.

"Niall James Horan! Don't run in the house like that, ya hoodlum! You would have thought I was raising a farm animal!" My mom sighed, kissing me on the forehead while I scarfed down my food.

"This is so perfect mum!" I foodgasmed with my mouth full of food. My mum shook her head.

"Cow" She stated. "Greg you better be off to work soon" Mum yowled up stairs. Then her gaze fell upon me. "An' you! Your bus will be here soon. Clean your braces, brush your teeth, and do you remember to wear deodorant?"

"Mum!" I groaned. She only shrugged.

"And please, no phone calls. You really can't afford to revive anymore trouble. You remember what the head master said 'anymore trouble for this boy and he's out!' Pleade behave" I nodded, darting back up stairs, just a bit slower, and applying deodorant.  

What would I do without my mom?

I jumped back down the stairs. Three steps at a time. By the time I reached the door my mum already was fuming. Scolding me about how'll I'll miss the bus.

When I approached the bus was pulling up, the words 'Eskimo High' printed with pride.

Eskimo High, home of the overly talented students. The place I can call my own school. But with all honesty, it was one of the best and hardest schools to get into.

Every student has to have at least one spectacular talent to enter. If you have more than one you're in for sure.

Me? I'm in Sports, Music and singing. With foreign languages on the side.

I stretched out my limbs as I climbed onto the bus, heading to the back to sit with my best mates in the big back seat. When I sat down I began receiving a pat on the back as well as a greeting from my four best mates; Zayn, Liam, Louis and Harry.

"Hey Mate!" Liam smiled, waving. He was the brainiac of us all, also the 'Dad' as we call it, of the group.

"Hello" Harry said, grinning while running a hand through his messy mop of curls. Harry Styles, the school flirt, always making girls hearts skip a beat.

"That shirt with those shoes? Boo to that outfit!" Louis said, scanning a random innocent girl in the halls. Louis Tomlinson, a fierce and sassy fashionista, With a wild side.

"I really want a blueberry muffin right now" Zayn said flatly. Zayn Malik, the bad boy himself. Usually quiet in class, but outside of school he stirs up the trouble. Not to mention he's just a bit of a pothead.

"Hey to ya guys too" I chuckled. Me? I was Niall Horan. The irish leprechaun who rocks hard at the guitar. The one who eats non-stop, who always has the Munchies without having to be like Mr. Bad Boy. And all five of us lads are in a band called One Direction, play on the football team and have most girls wrapped around our fingers.