Chapter 1: Where on Remnant am I?

The following is a non-profit fan based story. RWBY is owned by Rooster teeth and made by Monty Oum.

Y/n POV:
You know when I first woke up this morning, I did not expect this shit to happen. I mean, what are the chances that I end up in some endless void surrounded by what could only be described as monster whales.

 I mean, what are the chances that I end up in some endless void surrounded by what could only be described as monster whales

I should probably start from the beginning. My name is Sanzu Aurora or by my new name Y/n L/n. I am the eldest of 5 siblings, and I am living a new identity because I am dead.

To clarify, I am what Remnant would call a Dust Runner. An info broker and black market trafficking courier(don't even think of calling me a mailman). At first, I had this job because I needed money to support my mom, who retired from being a huntress, due to catching an illness.

I carried on, delivering packages, illegal goods, and killing the creatures of Grimm to learn how to defend myself. In addition, I learned a few things to get a better career choice. More specifically, learning how to track and investigate for Huntsman work.

Before my old man (grandpa) died, he gave me one piece of advice. 'Monsters exist in more than just the Grimm, they come from within, and it will always be the duty of a Huntsman to put them down, like any other monster.'

He definitely knew what he was talking about because I learned that the hard way after nearly getting killed by some psycho called Tyrian Callows. Guy was an insane bastard, who killed several huntsmen and huntresses in Anima. Glad he died when his convoy was attacked by Grimm.

Right, I'm getting off topic, to put things in layman's terms a job request went wrong for me. I got in the middle of the crossfire of a gang war, I helped Roman Torchwick escape the police, and got seen alongside his right hand woman, Neopolitan. To top things off, I am, or rather was, a wanted fugitive. I got caught in a shootout with the cops, which ended with me getting allegedly blown up in a Dust shop. I got out through the back door, and people only assumed I died when there was a body burnt and damaged beyond recognition.

With no clue that the corpse was sadly the store owner who I tried to get to safety, I changed my name, wear contacts to hide my actual eye color, and voila. Sanzu Aurora was dead, and I took the name of Y/n L/n.

I still kept in touch with my family in secret, even coming in for holidays and birthdays, or to help train them for combat school, since I never got into one.

3 days before the Beacon academy school year began, I was experimenting with different Dust types, specifically gravity and spatial energy Dust. The goal was to make a bullet that could become a pseudo blackhole and implode on itself, capable of destroying anything via compression and/or spaghettification .

Of course, karma decides to be a bitch, and instead as of the most desired results, it creates a tear into space where I get pulled into it.