Chapter Three

Chapter 3:

“I’m not leaving my home.” I say stern stomping my foot down before crossing my arms, Emily does the same in a more mocking way.

“You are too, the only time you leave this place is for work.” She groans stomping her feet lightly like a child not getting their way,

“There is a reason for that…” I whisper a slight shiver going through my bones, as I remember the torture the world through at me. Em’s head tilts to the side confusion filling her facial features, “Oh, come on Em. Don’t act like you don’t remember, freshmen year in college was hell for me. After the Cody thing everyone wouldn’t stop making fun of me, I even had to delete my Facebook because of them.”

“That was then; it has been two years, two of them.” She emphasizes the last part, “Nobody remembers how obsessed with Cody you are, so get over it and just leave this place already. I don’t understand why you do this to yourself, you isolate everyone. Show people how fun and great you are. Show them why you are my best friend and always will be.” She gives one of her famous encouraging rants,

“…You should be a coach for like a football team or something.” I point out, with a small smile hoping it would distract her but I should have known better, when she is set in one of her moods it’s impossible to distract her.

“Don’t change the subject,” she says stern, then adds “But thanks!” With a big smile but quickly takes it away making me let out a low giggle, her face goes sterner and it’s even harder to hold in a laugh. “Will you please just come to the mall with me? I could really use your opinion on clothes if you haven’t noticed I haven’t gone shopping in two years because I need your help!”

“I wasn’t going to say anything, but yeah you are way out of style.” I grin playfully at her and she glares harder, “Fine, I’ll help you. Just let me get the laptop and we can shop online.” I start to walk away and she grabs my wrist,

“I thought you may try to pull this so…” she trails off, I lean in to her ‘so’ wondering what she had up her sleeve. A pair of arms wrap around from behind me throwing me over their shoulder, “I brought back up.” She says and I could just hear the cockiness in her voice, I could just imagine that smile on her face.

“Put me down!” I yell kicking my feet all over the place and hitting who I assume is Jake’s back,

“I’m Sorry, Maggie, bosses orders.” Jake chimes in apologetically, I couldn’t bring myself to keep hitting him with the sadness in his voice and just hang there like a bag of potatoes. I trace the plaid lines on the back of his shirt making him jerk every once in a while as they kidnap me to the car, “Maggie, n’ahh…” he squeals as he wiggles his body like crazy. “Are you trying to be dropped?”

I thought about it, I would be free but that was hell of a fall for how tall Jake is. “I’ll stop, I’m just bored…gees how far did you guys park?” I whine pushing my hands on his back to look over his shoulder just slightly, I see the end of the driveway approaching before my arms give and I fall back against his back.

“I had Jake park down the street so you wouldn’t know he was with me.” Emily answers her voice faint meaning she was pretty far ahead of us,

“Oh, Jake this is awkward. My butt is in your face, and yours is in mine.” I point just glad he smells so good, and it made me start to wonder if I smell good as well. “You smell like cinnamon!” I say cheerful thinking how yummy cinnamon is,

“Haha well you smell like vanilla, and I’m aware of where your butt is…not that I’m like looking or something. Not that I wouldn’t but um it’s just well…you know?” he asks I could literally feel his heart speed up as his nerves get worse, and I smile inside he really was a sweetheart.

“It’s okay, Jake.” I smile patting his back reassuringly, I could sense his smile and I have to admit my heart flutters a bit surprising even me. He slides me down our bodies rubbing against each other when we reach their truck, his forehead presses against mine when the tip of my toes find the floor. We stare into each other’s eyes his very blue ones look so timid as if he even blinks he may ruin this intense moment,  his hands still on my hips and mine on his chest our lips just inches apart.

“Are you coming?” Emily yells honking the horn we both jump startled, causing our lips to push against each other in a deep kiss. His lips were much to my surprise the softs I’ve ever felt and taste like honey it was the sweetest kiss I’ve ever had. We jerk apart awkwardly and climb into the car I was in daze at what just happened, Emily grins at before putting the car in drive and I blush looking out the window, not daring to look at Jake.

Walking through the mall was very awkward; Emily refuses to be in the middle of us claiming she was very claustrophobic conveniently enough for her it’s something she has supposedly kept a secret, whatever. Jake’s hand lightly brushes against mine for the millionth time, “Sorry.” He says again before glaring back over at Emily who was obviously nudging him slightly so we would get closer.

“Em, we should let Jake go do what he wants and we shop, we can meet up later. I think one person feeling like they are being tortured is enough for today.” I say dryly just not wanting Jake to be around me right now while I figure out why my stomach is going insane with him so close, that intoxicating smell of cinnamon refusing to leave my nose alone.

Not even waiting for Em’s refusal of the idea he scampers off quickly hollering “Text me where later,” over his shoulder, my heart sinks at his leaving…wait what? I think running my hands through my hair very frustrated with myself, if I love Cody why am I suddenly feeling this weirdness for Jake? I question myself.

“You like Jake!” Emily squeals jumping in front me, I stare past her dumbfounded not because of what she said I could always deny that but the poster behind her head. “What’s wrong with you?” she asks concern starting to spread on her face, I couldn’t find the words as my heart was racing, I point to the sign and she reads it aloud. “Come meet WWE Superstar’s The Miz and…”

I chime in quickly at the next name, “Cody Rhodes! For the first 400 people only…” Read the small print and immediately run in the direction the arrow was pointing. “This is the sign I’ve been waiting for!” I yell over my shoulder at my best friend chasing after me not wanting me to go.