Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Grant surveyed his chamber after he shut the door with the heel of his boot.  Kathryn was still giggling in his arms as he raced up the stairs to their chamber.  He could still hear his family and clansmen hooting and hollering from the hall down below.   Out of the corner of Grant's eye, he noticed his brother Ian doing the same with Jenny, only they were moving up to the third tower with Andrew and Emma.    Fiona was sharing a chamber with Roslyn so Ian and Jenny moved into the second master chamber to be close to her.

There was a fire blazing the hearth, casting the room with a soft glow.   He noticed that Kathryn's trunk was brought in, as he had asked and was placed next to his.   A jug of wine and a plate of fruit and sweet meats were there as well.    The bouquet of wild flowers that he had moved from Kathryn's room was on the side table by their bed.   He asked for all the linen's to be cleaned, fresh water and clean linen cloth's to be placed on the side tables as well.

"We can change chambers if ye wish," Grant murmured as he placed Kathryn down on her feet.  He watched as she scanned the room before she turned to him.

"Nae, tis verra fine Grant," Kathryn said as she hugged him close, laying her head upon his chest.    "Ye had my trunk moved here?"

"Aye, this afternoon," Grant said kissing the top of her head.   She was a tiny thing, the top of her head only reaching the bottom of Grant's chin.  He liked her like that, she felt small and tiny in his arms, he loved the feeling of protectiveness he got around her when she was near.

"Do ye wish for a bath?" Grant asked her as he started stroking her hair.  He wasn't sure if he should have arranged one for her, he still could but it would take awhile to have the tub moved in the room and have the hot water brought up.   He would though, if she really wanted one.

"Nae, I had one this afternoon when I was preparing for the ceremony," she grinned up at him.   Kathryn moved out of his arms now and went to stand in front of the hearth.  She fumbled a bit with her laces, her fingers shaking a bit from her nervousness.  She couldn't get the laces undone so she stopped.  She peered up at him through her long lashes and asked him hesitantly, "Do ye wish for me to undress now?"

Grant resisted the urge to chuckle at her she was acting all shy now.  Where was his bold bride who told him not long ago to make her his wife?    "Nae love," he said as he walked over to her and grabbed both of her hands that went back to tugging on her laces.   "Ye dinna need to undress now.   We have all night," he whispered as he kissed the tip of her nose.   "Would ye like some wine?" Grant asked her as he went to pour a goblet for himself.  He didn't wait for her answer but poured her one as well.

Placing them by the fire, Grant sat on the rug and pulled Kathryn down to sit with him.  He rested his back on one of the chairs that he had brought in.   He remembered that Andrew had a couple placed in his and Emma's chamber, Andrew told him that he and Emma enjoyed relaxing in the privacy of their chamber and often sat there.  Grant was thinking that Kathryn might enjoy that as well.

Grant rubbed Kathryn's shoulder to get to her relax.   "Ye enjoyed the ceremonies," he asked her as he grabbed her goblet and let her sip her wine.   Taking a sip himself, he placed back down and continued softly caressing her arms.

"Aye, verra much so," Kathryn said as her shoulders started to unwind and she wriggled herself up closer to Grant.   "Twas melting my heart when Fiona asked Ian if she could call him Da.   Such a sweet lass she is."

"Ah, sweet Fiona," Grant agreed with her.  "Tis melting the hearts of all the McKenna's she was.   Between her and Roslyn, when they become women, the castle will be swarming with lads coming for their hands.  I dinna envy Ian or Andrew when it comes to chose a husband for them."