45- Is is Just You?

all :D 

So here you are, another chapter. I keep writing and posting, which is actually problematic, because once I finish Ei Diafol, I'm going to have quite a gap between that and the fourth book. Ooooppss.... 

This is a bit of a long chapter. Some of it is extraneous, but some of it is important, if you know what to look for. 

Anyway, hope you like it : )

~Sierra

Music: Glass- Thompson Square; The Clave's Curse- City of Bones/Mortal Instruments

Edit: me 

Chapter Forty-Five

"Once upon a time a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-- while I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, as if some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door-- 'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, 'tapping at my chamber door-- only this and nothing more.'"

~Thea's POV~

"Thea, come back! I am not going to chase you around the glen, do you understand?"

These words come from a very annoyed Loki as I make off with his scepter, running down the path towards the lake, from the house. I laugh gleefully as I leap up one of the tall rocks, scaling it like a goat and crouching on the top of it. About ten feet below me, I see Loki stalking towards me, not looking very pleased.

"THEA, get DOWN here! I am not in the mood right now."

"Catch me if you can!" I laugh.

Two seconds later, Loki has me by the arm, has dragged me off the rock, and has grabbed the scepter from my hand, "There," he says, lightly bonking the scepter on my shoulder, "Now stop being a nuisance."

"I like being a nuisance," I say as we walk back towards the shack. "It's funny to see you get mad and then get un-mad because I am irresistibly adorable." I make my hands form a V along my chin, like Leah does when she's trying to prove that she's innocent.

Loki's voice is stern, but I swear that I can see a slight smile threatening to emerge, "Go back inside. I believe it's about to rain."

I glance up at the sky, which looks dark and overcast, "This is what Kyle calls stirring weather. It might rain, it might not." There's a pause, "Why do you look so upset when I say Kyle's name, Loki?"

His eyes swivel over to me and he says sharply, "You're imagining things. Look at me, Thea."

Before I glance around, he takes my chin in his fingers and lifts it up. I try to pull away from him, but his fingers are tight around my face. Closing his green eyes, he says something in a language I cannot quite interpret. All that I know is that all thoughts of my previous question are shifting away in a fog.

Frowning, Loki looks down at me. Then, he lets go of my face, saying, "Come along. I have no desire to be rained upon."

"Okay," I say compliantly.

*

As it turns out, it does rain. This causes the shack to become cozy as the thunder rolls across our rocky enclosure, and after I eat a sandwich from my backpack, I run outside to get splashed with rainwater, which Loki apparently and surprisingly doesn't seem to mind. The water tastes wonderful on my tongue and for a little bit, I just stand out there, head tilted back and my mouth open to let the water run down me, free, cool, and wild.