14- Never Ever

I really hope you like this chapter... I do!! :D

~Songs:

1st Part: Never Be- 5 Seconds of Summer

2nd Part: By Your Side- Tenth Avenue North (if you take out the parallel between God and a human, it's absolutely perfect. For maximum feels, listen to it while reading the second part. )

- edit:

Lokidottir

Chapter Fourteen

~Thea's POV~

As it turns out, I have under ten minutes to read and write Leah a letter before Thor and Loki head back to Asgard for the evening. Her letter was short: telling me about how she had pressed the flower she had given me, how happy she is to have Princely back, and how much she misses me and when will she see me again?

Mine is relatively short too, considering that I'm on a time crunch, but I tell her "soon". I don't want to tell her the exact day that we're coming, in case something goes wrong and I either don't get to see her or we don't get there on Sunday.

After seeing Loki and Thor off, and confirming with three different people that Loki and I are roommates tonight (I eventually have to give in to the fact that it's true), after looking for Jack to find out that he's in the shower, after trying to steal a snack from the kitchen and getting kicked out by Kyle, I defeatedly head to my room to do my homework, a rather long math worksheet on factoring equations.

Five minutes later, the numbers are running through my head and I can't focus. Finally, I lug my paper, pencil, and calculator (that I'm technically not supposed to be using) up to one of Bruce's smaller labs.

"Hey Thea, what's going on?" he asks. He's at his desk, on the computer, taking notes on something scientific, his glasses perched on his nose.

"Homework. Are you busy?"

"Not too busy to take a break and help you out." Bruce spins around in his chair to face me. "Let's see it."

I hand him the paper, and Bruce's eyes dart back and forth up the page, more likely than not solving the entire worksheet in his head. Then, he says, "All right. You're off to a good start, so what's the problem?"

It takes Bruce about thirty minutes to get the concept of factoring through my thick skull. Thankfully, unlike Tony, he's an extraordinarily patient teacher, and by the time we're through, I feel confident.

"Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver," I gush as I begin to scribble down some answers to a couple other problems.

He smiles, but there's something in his smile that's sad. "Don't mention it."

"Is something wrong?" I ask cautiously, wondering if I've done something wrong (again).

Immediately, the sadness vanishes. "Nope, I'm all good." He nods to my homework, "Go ahead and finish that and ask me if you have any more questions."

*

Dinner is an extravagant affair, and we eat in the larger dining room. In total, there are fourteen of us, with the additions of Coulson and Maria Hill, and we have all changed into a somewhat formal attire (no idea why).

Clothing has actually been something of a dilemma, seeing as I only brought some clothes for a few nights in New York. Thankfully, Pepper saved the day by shipping out some of my clothes and also grabbing a couple other cute things when she was out shopping last week. Tonight, though, I've picked out a simple black shirt and white blouse that used to be Darcy's. I also curl my hair slightly.