Part Two: Out With the Old, In With the New

We all walk upstairs into the living room, where the rest of the students at Blanche Laurent's are waiting.

"Well, who is it?!" shouts Annabelle, a close friend of mine.

"Ladies of Blanche Laurent's School of Witchcraft, I now present to you your new Supreme, George Montgomery!" shouts Catarina. The girls begin clapping and cheering. Soon, they begin chanting "speech" altogether.

I settle them down as I prepare to speak. "You know when I received information that I could be the next Supreme, I thought of thousands of reasons why somebody else would be a better Supreme than I would. But then, I had a conversation with Helena the night she died, and it completely changed my outlook on being Supreme. I plan to lead this school and coven into a new era! An era of growth! An era of acceptance! An era of never-ending peace!" The students begin cheering again. "Starting with the council." I turn to them. "I would like to see you in my office as soon as possible." I turn back to the students. "Go back to your rooms. Get your rest! Regular instruction begins on Monday." All eleven students then run to their rooms, cheering my name and other joyful thoughts.

I walk to my office with the council and Christian behind me. I have a seat in the big, leather chair. "Christian," I call to him. "Will you please ask Annabelle, Kasey, and Victoria to come here also?"

"Yes, sir," he says.

"Thank you, love." I look at the council members. "Please, have a seat."

"How does it feel?" says Theodore in his mind. "I bet it feels great, doesn't it?"

I think about my response. "I feel... powerful, and yes, it feels great."

Theodore gasps at my response. "How did you do that?"

"Do what, Theodore?" asks Catarina.

"He... George just-"

"Read your mind?... Yeah, you guys should've read my file a little bit more thoroughly before accepting me into the academy."

"What is he talking about, Catarina?" asks Benita.

"I'm a clairvoyant, you imbecile!" They have no immediate response. "I can read minds! And guess what? I've read all of your minds since the night of Helena's death." Still no response from my council members. "You all knew that I was gonna be Supreme, but none of you wanted it." I point at Theodore. "Especially you! You were jealous of me and you still are! You were mad about never having a chance of being Supreme! You all were mad!" I glare at Benita. "And you! You killed Helena! You did it because you were the only one who didn't have a motive against her. Catarina over here wanted her dead since the day she became Supreme!"

"That is not-!" shouts Catarina.

"Don't even try to lie!" I point to my temple. "I can read this, ya know?"

"Mr. Montgomery," says Christian. "The girls are ready to see you." He lets them in.

"Thank you, Christian." I smile. "Oh! I forgot! Please send Celeste in here also." I look at my fellow companions. "This will only take a minute. I would actually like your inputs." Looking back to the old council, I say, "In violation of Witch Code, I demand that all three of you... And Celeste when she gets here, be burned at the stake! Benita Hoffman for deliberately poisoning Helena Foster in her time of defencelessness; Catarina Porter for conspiring against your Supreme, and Theodore Giovanni for the murder of Sierra Rose!"

"But she's alive!" he shouts.

"But you still caused her harm," I snap.

"Then what about you?!" Catarina says. "You killed Dave during the Seven Wonders. You should be burned as well!"