Chapter XXII

Three hours

Three hours. It's been three hours, without a second of sleep. It's been three hours, in which I've counted sheeps up to two thousand and fourteen and given up after that, decided what to wear tomorrow, made a minute by minute schedule for the whole week, and counted how many times I blink in a minute; fourteen.

Giving in to the fact that I won't be able to sleep tonight, I decide to get some sleeping pills from downstairs for the first time. I've been scared of taking pills because of Noah, but maybe I really am safe with the boys?

Careful to not wake any of the boys up, I walk out of my room and down to the kitchen, only to see Landon standing there in his black adidas sweatpants and a white shirt.

When he hears the sound of my footsteps, he turns around.

"What are you doing?" he asks me. "It's one am."

"I know," I answer him. "I couldn't sleep."

He let's out a snort.

"Me neither. Did you want something?"

Realizing there's no need to lie to him, I honestly answer, "Sleeping pills."

He nods as I walk over to the cabinet to take down the small bottle filled with sleeping pills. I try to take it down from the top shelf, but when my short length and even tip toes don't get down the bottle for me, a tanned arm from behind me does. Turning around, I see Landon's chest just an inch away from mine. He looks down at me, our closeness slowly driving me insane.

He suddenly looks away and takes a step back. Handing the pills over, he takes a glass from behind me as well.

"Thanks," I mumble and walk over to the sink to fill the glass. As the water rushes down and slowly fills the glass, Landon breaks the silence.

"Were you ever planning on telling someone?" he asks me.

I close the water tap and turn around to face him. For the first time today, I catch his gaze. I put two pills on my tongue and swallow them with some water.

"I don't know," I answer honestly. "I.... it's not that easy."

"I know but...."

"Can we please not talk about it? Not even you were supposed to know."

"Hayden this isn't fair, it's not fair to you. You're a good person, and even if you weren't, you don't deserve this. Never. I'm glad I found out."

Some silence passes, and I feel how my eyelids become heavier and heavier. "Hayden?"

The next thing I know, arms snake under my back and knees, and my head's leaned against what I know is Landon's chest. I would fight him if it wouldn't be so hard to stay awake.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Slowly opening my eyes, I wake up. I shut my eyes and blink quickly to adjust them to the light. Pushing myself up to a sitting position, I notice something. I look at the small armchair placed two feet away from my door and see Landon sleeping. He seems to have had a very uncomfortable night, giving the fact the armchair isn't the softest furniture in this house.