ʂιx.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

♦︎♦︎♦︎

September 1, 1994:

September first finally arrived and Willa was, as always, excited to be going back to Hogwarts. Though this year was going to be a bit tougher because of the N.E.W.T. Level classes she was going to be taking.

Her grades from the O.W.L exams arrived with her Hogwarts letter a few days before the fiasco that was the Quidditch World Cup, and she hadn't had time to discuss her results with Cedric due to that.

She'd received an 'Exceeds Expectations' in Transfiguration, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy and Potions; an 'Outstanding' in Charms, Study of Ancient Runes and Herbology, and an 'Acceptable' in History of Magic and Divination. It was a bit of shock for Willa when she saw the E next to Potions, because she knew how much she sucked at the subject, but was impressed that she did better than she thought. She just didn't like the fact that Professor Snape's N.E.W.T. class was going to be ten times worse than it already was.

When she hopped off the Hogwarts Express, Willa walked up to where the carriages were and sat down in one. She hadn't seen Cedric since they left King's Cross but wasn't really surprised, since he was a Prefect and they sat in separate compartments. She expected that this year was going to be the same regarding his popularity and her lack of.

The carriage made its way up to the castle and Willa made her way up to the Great Hall with the rest of the students, for the start of term feast.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

"–By Gryffindor, the bravest were
Prized far beyond the rest;
For Ravenclaw, the cleverest
Would always be the best;

For Hufflepuff, hard workers were
Most worthy of admission;
And power-hungry Slytherin
Loved those of great ambition.

While still alive they did divide
Their favourites from the throng,
Yet how to pick the worthy ones
When they were dead and gone?

Twas Gryffindor who found the way,
He whipped me off his head
The founders put some brains in me
So I could choose instead!

Now slip me snug about your ears,
I've never yet been wrong,
I'll have a look inside your mind
And tell where you belong!"

The Great Hall flooded with applause as the Sorting Hat finished its new song. Willa always got bored and tuned out of what it was saying, but still clapped along with everyone else. Professor McGonagall began the Sorting Ceremony; each house clapped and cheered as they welcomed their new housemates...Willa wasn't really paying much attention as it was the same every year.