Prologue

I've never written a werewolf novel, or any type of love story like this, so please give it a chance! This is just the preamble to the story! Don't worry it should get a lot better in the next chapter(: Don't hate me if I'm writing about werewolves wrong... I'm just tired of the typical werewolf story, I want to put a twist on the idea of mates. It starts out a bit depressing, but I promise it will be a lighter and funnier tone after this. :)

I hope you enjoy my new story! <3

All Rights Reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, without prior written consent from the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

Copyright © Grace Landon 2012.

-

Prologue:

I found my soul-mate when I was eleven years old. Of course I didn't know that at the time, I was too young to feel a mate's love, but he knew. After I turned thirteen I only had to wait a few months before my first shift- it was terrifying to say the least. He was there for me though, Ryan Foster was.

His shining blonde mop of hair highlighted his storm grey eyes to the point I couldn't find it in myself to look away half the time. He towered over me, but I've never realized what I was actually seeing wasn't height but it was our gap in age that hung over us; a consistent reminder he would have to wait for me. Since Ryan was nearly four years older than me, a physical relationship couldn't actually start until I was a freshmen and he was a senior in high-school.

My heart raced every time Ryan came near me, and everyone knew it. In a town of about seventeen hundred people it's hard for people to not know every little thing about you.Except no one understood us like we did, after all we were the first true-mate couple in years that weren't roughly the same age. He was the reason I had shifted so early, by having an Alpha bloodline mate it increased my progress as a wolf. I never regretted shifting early; I loved Ryan and everything he gave me. I can still remember the day I knew he'd be mine forever...

I never remember a tiny pink plus being a hateful symbol before this second. It wasn't quite 'you had a baby girl' pink, it was a bright fuchsia pink. It was an annoying colour, with an annoying sign, and I couldn't seem to get away from its accusative glare.

"Harper, you need to calm down! I mean, come on." My best friend, Emilee, sighed. "This will turn out fine."

I could hear her reassuring words going in one ear and out the other, but I couldn't seem to hold on to anything of what she was saying. I felt my heart bouncing in my chest like a drummer boy hyped up on cocaine. I couldn't breathe; I could barely see Emilee standing right in front of me. Her outline of flaming auburn hair was the only thing that determined the fact she was indeed in front of me.

"H-How... What do I do?" I practically choked on my air supply; I was shocked and eccentric at the same time. "I'm totally fucked, Em!"

Emilee rolled her oceanic blue eyes, she was use to my over-reacting. "My little mockingbird, why are you so stupid?" She had an affectionate smile playing along the edges of her lips.

I coughed out a laugh, "What?"

"You heard me! Ryan loves you, silly girl!" She nearly toppled over in her hysteric laughter.

I wouldn't have suggested it, since we were standing in the middle of the hideously painted 7-11 quickie mart bathroom. My wide green eyes were locked onto my reflection in the aging mirror. My face had lost its entire colour; my usual pink cheeks were now left an uncomely stark white. If I didn't know better I would have figured I'd seen a ghost. At the mention of Ryan's name my reflection had a ghost of a smile behind her shocked face. "He loves me."