Chapter 36

Tyrion

      "My lord, I must be returning home now." Edmure spoke, getting up from his council seat. "Daenerys gives birth in a little more than a month, if all goes well, I must be home to ready."
"Go on, Edmure. Sansa and Gendry were already ahead of you." Bran spoke.
Everyone in Westeros was preparing for the arrival of Daenerys. The city was scarcely rebuilt and already the threat of destruction loomed.
"My king... how many scorpion bolts do we possess?" Tyrion asked, sitting at the counsel table. Only Brianne, Ser Davos, Bronn, Tyrion, and the king himself remained.
"Fifty. Cersei had fewer during Daenerys first attempt.
A silence fell over the room, until Bronn finally spoke up.
"Do you see any likeliness we all survive?" Bronn fiddled with the knife in his hands.
"No. Not all of us."
A heaviness replaced the silence, as Bronn stood.
"I'm leaving to High Garden. My scorpion bolts were long prepared." He quickly stood and walked out the door, no one attempting to stop him.
"Ser Davos, how many ships are in our possession?" Tyrion spoke, downing another flagon of wine.
"Over fifty, your grace."
"Around the size of Daenerys fleet." Brianne chimed in.
"Gods help us then." Ser Davos spoke, getting up from the table.
Samwell opened the door, walking to the king.
"Your grace, Daenerys is said to give birth in less than a month. Her growth is rapid."
"Then we don't have much time. This is the moment we prepare."

"Did Sansa arrive safely in Winterfell?" Tyrion asked Bran, as the two waited for supper.
"Yes. No complications. I had Samwell tell Sansa of the news, and to prepare. It used to be Starks were weak at sea, but after Arya's expedition with the dire wolf ship, they went to ship making. House Uxor is right on the coast, and still they are pledged to the Starks."
"So Uxor is helping us with this war?"
"Yes. If need be, Sansa can simply send a message to Stonewell, and off their fleet goes." Bran responded.
Servants brought in stewed rabbit, with hot bread on the side as Bran dismissed them.
"The only thing I'm sure of now, is Daenerys is ready. Her second dragon is already bigger than a horse. Her Unsullied army is ready, her Dothraki are ready, as are the Greyjoys."
Tyrion sighed, taking a spoon full of rabbit with carrots and onion. "I'm likely not to survive this battle." He chuckled solemnly.
"There's no saying we won't win, or we will win." Bran spoke, but he himself didn't sound convinced that they would live.
      "Here's to being alive, for just a few more weeks." Tyrion flashed Bran a smile, lifting his glass up and drinking deeply, finishing the glass once more.