The Best Medicine [AoKise, AominexKise]

Pairing: AoKise (Aomine x Kise)

Prompt: Aomine and Kise first meet at Teiko Middle and see each other again a few years later at the Inter-High. But Aomine accidentally injures Kise, making him tend to the lovable small forward.

Requested by: mariahdejesus01

Setting: Inter-High (end of Season One for the anime)

Notes: We had to make adjustments when writing, so we had to change it to Inter-High instead of Winter Cup Dx Hope that isn't a problem and hope you still enjoy reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many ways to meet people. Most friends will remember the time they met as it being memorable. For Aomine Daiki and Kise Ryouta, theirs was what you would call a 'chance encounter.'

Funny how a stray basketball to the back of the head could end up changing Kise's life, right when he needed it to. Kise, known as the 'copycat,' was someone brimming with natural talent and exuded a likeable aura. Everything became too easy for the blond, so easy that by middle school he was already bored with life.

When he met the tanned basketball player that day, it was like a wake-up call to a fresh challenge. A challenge that had Kise excited to face. Quite literally, too.

For example...

"And that is game, Kise." Aomine swaggered to the bouncing basketball underneath the net and took it in his large hand, spinning it unceremoniously on the tip of his index finger. "You suck at basketball."

Their one-on-one had been more than one-sided. Aomine won by a landslide.

"Only for now. Just you wait Aominecchi!" Kise wiped the sweat off his brow and smiled happily at the dark-skinned teen. Who would've known basketball would be his niche in this otherwise boring world? The copycat was finally experiencing a challenge and it humored him to no end. This was what he'd been craving for ages!

"Let's go again! I will do better this time!"

And just like that, it became like an addiction. To reach that high pedestal that this one boy was on, no matter how many times he crumpled in defeat.

So maybe Kise was masochistic? All he knew was Aomine...

And knew him he did. After becoming a regular, he started spending more and more of his time with Aomine. It wasn't that he regularly sought the blunet out, actually, the other would ask Kise to accompany him — whether it be for ice cream, food, or just plain outings around town.

It got to a point that these outings were the highlight to Kise's day. He was hooked on spending time with the basketball ace, and he didn't want to let that go. Slowly, they became best friends, but for some reason... Kise wanted more than that.

He started feeling the change when Aomine would look at him and smile one of those face-splitting grins at him — revealing those pearly white teeth that was a stark contrast to his darker skin. It always made Kise's heart do the weird thump-thump pattern, as if it were having some sort of malfunction. From then, Kise found his body reactions to become even stranger when the darker teen was in close proximity. Any time their skin touched, it would make his body break out into a warm flush and there would be a prickling sensation in his gut.

Of course, the blond wasn't dumb like everyone thought, it was after some time that he realized... He had feelings for Aomine Daiki. Strong feelings at that — ones that he couldn't control.