Saving You [AkaKuro, AkashixKuroko]

Pairing: AkaKuro (Akashi x Kuroko)

Prompt: Akashi saves Kuroko from bad guys

Setting: Teiko Arc, (before Akashi awakens the Emperor Eye)

Request From: mariahdejesus01

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was during the time of spending so much time together (as being first string regulars would merit on a basketball team) that the two began feeling... close with one another. Inexplicably so.

Even hanging out after school or at lunch time was becoming the norm for the shortest regulars.

"Here you are, Kuroko-kun." The redhead handed the panting bluenette a water bottle.

"Ah, thank you Akashi-kun." Kuroko thanked after wiping his sweaty forehead with his towel.

It was just after practice, and everyone was resting before heading to freshen up and change in the locker room. It was the end to a tiring after school practice session, and many were relieved.

Akashi settled to sit beside the sweaty bluenette. "Our game with Sugawei is this Friday."

"Yes, I am looking forward to playing with Akashi-kun and everyone." There was a hint of a smile on the phantom's stoic face, eliciting a smile for the redhead.

"Would you like to go by for milkshakes after this?" Akashi replied as he stood up, running a hand through his red locks.

Pale blue eyes seemed to glisten at the mention of milkshake, "Yes," the bluenette replied, and was helped up by his captain as they proceeded into the locker room.

~ * ~

The night was a cool one as the two walked with milkshakes in hand.

"Thank you for buying the milkshake for me Akashi-kun." Kuroko quietly sipped his vanilla milkshake as the night breeze blew through his pale blue locks.

Akashi smiled at his companion with a breathy sigh through his nostrils and closed his red eyes. The air ruffled his fine hair and blew a few strands onto his nose. "It was my pleasure, Kuroko-kun."

They walked in companionable silence after, keeping in perfect step as they made way past the street corner and into the next district. The two were so close their arms occasionally brushed against the other, causing both to blush a pale, light pink that went unnoticed by them both. Every now and then Kuroko would shiver the tiniest bit. Akashi noted it with his sharp eyes.

Soon enough the bluenette and redhead passed by the local park, where a brightly lit coffee cart had set up shop just off to the side of the iron archway opening the park to the public. A ghost of a smile twitched along Akashi's lips. "Wait here," he ordered softly and gestured to the green metal bench beside them.

"All right." Kuroko replied just as softly and took a seat as his companion walked quickly for the cart's short line. He took a few final sips of his nearly empty milkshake and drew closer into his own body heat for warmth. The night grew colder when a shadow overcame him and the bluenette looked up with wide eyes.

"You..."

Akashi examined the short menu carefully and decided on a vanilla cappuccino, complete with whipped cream, for his team's shadow.

He grabbed hot tea for himself, and after paying, he held the two hot cups in his hands as he made his way back to the bench where a hunched-up Kuroko was.