| | Anxiety | |

My heart twisted and sunk with nerves as I sat in front of the computer. The white light enveloped me, coldly, as I shook. My breaths came in sharp pants and I tried to gain control, but nothing was working. It hurt. It hurt. I tried to breath calmly, but every time I looked up those cruel, horrible, necessary words were there. Words I had known long before the page had loaded. Words I had waited for with anxiety and worry, knowing, somehow, what they might say.

Slowly, the panic and anxiety attack flowed away, and yet I still shook. My eyes, closed and aimed towards my clasped hands, slowly opened. Trepidation swelled through me as I slowly raised my eyes yet again to the steadily shining screen.

" After we sent out a search party, we popped back to your household to see if you had returned. Instead, we found your father who had clearly consumed a large quantity of alcohol. This concerned us. We asked your mother to take your sister upstairs whilst we spoke to your father , for legal reasons we were obliged to write down everything that he told us. This is the report." The police officer spoke gently, but I could tell there was more to be said as my eyes scanned over my fathers words that had been typed up for the whole department to see.

" After hearing this, we did not feel it was safe for you or your siblings to cohabit with your father. But then your brother explained what happened to your younger sister. Your father has been charged and has a prison sentence, but you will not be staying with your mother, only your sister will. Unless you can find a place to stay, we are happy to accommodate you in a foster home up North, but it's quite far away. This is currently the same situation for your brother."

The walls of the small room we were in seemed to close in on me, my chest tightened and my walls crumbled- something I had tried to put off. A small droplet of water splashed onto my hand and I looked up at the faded ceiling, expecting there to be a leak, then I realised it was from my eyes. " It's fine, they can both stay with me." A smooth voice said softly as a large hand landed on my shoulder and squeezed it soothingly." Okay, well Dan is in the other room, I'll leave you too it. We'll be in touch soon though," I felt someone pulling me up gently and an arm snake round my waist, I soon realised it was Jason and I just leaned into him as he led us out of the room. " Don't cry Patty, it's all going to be okay, I promise. I'm not going to let them take you away." He whispered gently, knocking on the door to signal for Dan to come out.

I just gave him a watery smile as I sniffled, " I'm not sad, I'm happy. I know it doesn't seem it but I've been waiting to hear those words for so long. At least I know what my dad honestly thinks about me, but that's not important. What's important is that that vile man is finally where he belongs, behind bars." I explained quietly.

Furrowing his eyebrows together, I could tell that he wanted to know the finer details, that he had questions. Those questions would probably never get answered, at least not by me. Before he could physically ask me anything, the door flew open and there stood my brother, he looked like hell. His dark hair stood in all directions, but instead of looking alluring it looked scruffy and dead. The skin around his eyes were red, this meant that he had been crying, not that he'd ever admit it. His clothes hung loosely on his frame, crumpled and faded, he just have been at the police station all night.

Before I could breathe a word to him, Dan pulled me into an overly tight hug. That surprised me. The last time Dan had ever hugged me was when we were little and I had fallen over, he had scooped me up in his arms, hugged me tightly and bandaged my knee up. " I love you Patty, don't you ever forget that." Dan spoke quietly, his voice hoarse and thick with crying. I just nodded, hugging him back as tight as I could. " I know." I whispered.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

" That's everything." Dan confirmed, running his fingers through his newly washed hair as he lifted the flap at the back of Jason's truck where our stuff was. Jason nodded, smiling small as he opened the passenger door for me supposedly, but instead- Dan jumped in. " Jason, surely you haven't forgotten that I always get the front seat." Cocking my head to the side, I glanced over at Jason to see a small blush on his cheeks as he straightened his shirt. " Whatever," He mumbled quickly. Shrugging it off, I was too exhausted to ask anymore questions so I just clambered into the back seat, laying my body across it. The checkered blanket that I had used the night before lay crumpled on the floor so I reached down, tugging it over my body as I stared blankly at the back of the seat in front of me.

Jason climbed in and the hum of the engine sent gentle vibrations throughout body as we began our journey. " I'm guessing you never told him," A hushed voice whispered, I knew that if they were speaking in such a manner that they probably wanted their conversation to be kept private- but I listened in anyway. " Well, neither did you, so you can't exactly say anything. Plus, he likes you a lot. We're all going through a lot of shit right now, especially him, so now isn't exactly the best time to bring this up." A voice snapped. That was followed by a sigh. Someone must have flicked the radio on because once again, the gentle voice of Hunter Hayes ( famous country singer) filled the truck.

I closed my eyes, but I did not wish for sleep to wash over me, I just simply needed to tune everything out. Soon, the melodic sound of the music was dulled and there was only darkness, allowing my thought to once again rise. I had figured out that the second voice had belonged to my brother, but I had not yet figured out what they were talking about.

Eventually we made it back to the house, Jason must have thought I was asleep because I felt myself being scooped up in his arms, recognising his scent. I didn't open my eyes though- just nuzzled into his chest. " Your room is the first room on the left, upstairs. I'll sort Patty out," Jason said softly to Dan, laying me down carefully onto the sofa. As I sunk slightly into the soft cushions, my eyes fluttered open, sitting up. Dan's footsteps were soft as he skipped up the stairs, leaving me and Jason. " So," I said quietly biting my lip. " We need to talk." he replied.

• Hey guys! I really need your help! I need a sexy new cover for bite me? Can you guys help? Can you make one or find someone who can? Let me know in the comments! Love you! Sorry for the shut chapter #PATSON •