chapter 17

Chapter 17 “Dragon Wash”

The group of four riders and dragons left from a spot that Dominique assured them would bring them out in the quarries in the future. Just outside of Academy City. It was a risky move, appearing so close to the city, and yet when Akira had told them that Will and Seth had been found out everyone, except for Redemption, had agreed that they had to get to the city as fast as possible. It would also save time, as well as that Dominique, had to go to the city and get what was needed to change Redemption's color once again.

One moment they were standing on flat ground in the past and the next they were found themselves falling. While Dominique had been right that they would appear in the quarries, they just so happened to appear above a large dug out pit. It took a moment for the dragons to spread their wings and stop them from plunging in to the dugout ground below.

Both Drake, Kirk and their two dragons shot Dominique a glare while he only looked sheepish. Redemption himself seemed to have enjoyed the fall if anything. Yet nothing was said and the next moments all the dragons and riders, except for Akira and Redemption, were off to academy city that loomed ahead.

Dominique promised that he would be right back while Kirk and Drake would go straight to the dragon wash in case Seth and Will were already there. Akira and Redemption waited in the quarries under a small ledge that made sure that they were out of sight of any dragons flying overhead.

“If he brings a pink color this time I'm going to kill him,” Redemption thought as he shifted to try and get comfortable in the small space under the ledge.

“But Fluffy, I thought you liked that color!” Akira told him, eyes wide in mock surprise.

“Shut up,” Redemption muttered and Akira grinned.

They didn't have to wait long for Dominique to return. He jumped from Breeze and hurried over to Akira and Redemption, who stepped out from under the ledge to meet him.

“Pink?” Akira asked hopefully while Redemption shot her a glare.

“Nah, I thought we'd try something different,” Dominique replied as he lifted up the bottle he held and threw it to Akira. She stared at the color before raising her eyebrows.

“You sure this won’t attract attention?” she asked doubtfully. “I mean are there even dragon's out there that are this color.”

“There is now,” Dominique grinned as he pulled out another bottle and began to shake its contents vigorously. “And besides, riders in the city change their dragon's color constantly these days to...unusual colors, it’s currently the fashion,” he uncapped the bottles lid and walked towards Redemption who had a suspicious eye on the bottle.

“If you’re sure,” Akira shrugged as she shook the contents in the bottle before she walked forward and joined Dominique. Together they worked quickly, applying the new color to Redemption's scales as quickly as they could while trying to not miss any spots. Once they were done they stepped away to survey their work.

Redemption turned his head and spread his wings, seeming to examine this new color and trying to decide that to think of it while Akira stood, trying not to laugh.

“Much better than last time,” Redemption finally announced happily as he displayed the new color, a bright, sparkling neon green.

“You look like one of those signs in the city,” Akira remarked.

“You’re just jealous,” Redemption huffed, yet he seemed to do a double take and peered closer at his wings.

Realizing that her dragon was about to change his mind about the new color Akira quickly tossed Dominique the now empty bottle.