- 4 -

- Taurus -

I'm sad. But more than that, I'm angry.

I understand that it's her right to do whatever she wants with her body, and I would never pressure her to do anything. I love that girl to bits.

But this might be our only chance to have a baby. I know there are other options like a surrogate or adoption, but it's just different went you have it yourself. It's more intimate, and you have more of a connection with the baby.

I want that with Cancer. I want to share something like that with her, but she just won't.

It makes me angry. I think that's understandable.

So since I'm not gonna be trying to have any babies tonight, I drive over to Aries house.

"Hey, dude. Scorpio's here, too." He says as he opens the door.

"Hey," I say to both of them as I walk into the kitchen.

"Hey," Scorpio says.

"So, how'd it go?" Aries asks, handing us each a beer. I drink a large sip, letting the burning liquid slip down my throat.

"Terrible," i slam the beer down on the counter, surprisingly not breaking it.

Scorpio pushes the beer away. "Still sober, brothers," he says.

"Sorry," Aries takes the bottle and puts it in the fridge. Scorpio shrugs it off and looks over at me, seemingly intrigued by what I might say.

"She said she wanted to go to law school, who does that?"

"A lot of people, actually." Scorpio says.

"Whatever. It pissed me off. I have one year to make a fucking baby and she doesn't want to 'cause she's not ready," I exhale heavily, taking another swig of the cold beer.

"You can't force her into something that major, dude. It's life changing." Aries says, twirling the cap of his beer on the counter. 

"I know, which is why I'm not forcing her. But I've always wanted kids. I want them with her, and if we don't start soon, we're never gonna get the chance to have our own kids. It's just not fair, you know?" 

"Yeah, I get that. Something is up with Virgo, she's been so distant. It's so weird." 

"Maybe she's pregnant," I suggest. 

He scoffs, "No, that's impossible. We've never.." 

Aries tilts his head forward, suddenly interested. "You guys haven't had sex yet?" 

Scorpio's cheeks flush.

"Haven't you been together for two years?" I ask, unable to hold in my laugh. 

"Shut up, okay! I want it to be genuine, and we're still recovering." 

"Bro, you've been sober for two years and she's been doing great from what we've all seen," Aries says. 

"Fine, Aries. How's it going with Gemini?" Scorpio turns to him. Aries looks regretful. "Didn't you say you were going to ask her out once a week? Has she said yes yet?" 

"No," he murmurs. "Every week she comes up with an excuse. You'll never believe what she told me this week. She didn't just give me a weak excuse, she sat me down and told me the actual truth." 

"What, that she doesn't like you?" I say, laughing again. 

"No, that she doesn't like guys." 

My eyes widen. "Damn," I say. 

Scorpio itches his neck. "Wow, didn't see that one coming." 

"Yeah, me neither. I told her I had to go buy some groceries and I left." 

Scorpio bursts out with laughter. 

"Don't be laughing, Scorpio! You've had a girlfriend for two years and you've never went farther than a make-out session!" 

"At least I have a girlfriend," Scorpio retorts, resuming his laughter. 

I lean back in my seat, watching my two idiotic friends argue over nothing. Sure, Gemini's a lesbian. Sure, Scorpio hasn't gotten anything. But at least they both have the chance to have a kid.