Chapter 4 Miscarriage

James pov

Unexpectedly, I was home earlier than Jannah that day. I took a shower and then went for a little nap waiting for her to come home from the hospital to have lunch together, as I haven't seen her in a week.

" James... Are you home??" she said as soon as she came through the door.

" Yup.. Honey" I answered, pretending to be upset by her late arrival.

" I'm sorry.. It was a crowded shift.. Two car accidents... Falling from hight victims.. And about five surgeries" shd explained.

" I know... I know.. Come here" I said, hugging her.

" Did you have anything???" shd asked.

" No.. I was waiting for you!!" I said.

" Oh my God... It's almost midnight.. You should have eaten anything???" she exclaimed.

" I had some food at the office with Matt.. I'm fine" I said.

" Well.. I'm not.. And I'm as hungry as a lion forced to eat grass!!!" she said, going into the kitchen.

" I really don't understand why can't we hire a chef??? You are a busy woman??" I said.

" I love when you eat from my hands.. James Wayne" she smiled at me through the kitchen door.

" Okay...then I hope you don't give me food poisoning!!! " I said, teasing her.

" Keep making these jokes.. And I will give you on purpose!! " she narrowed her eyes at me.

" Okay... I give up" I said, raising my arms in the air in surrender.

" Ahh...." she said, as she put her hand on her stomach.

" What's wrong???" I asked, concerned.

" Ah.. Just some pain that comes and goes.." she said.

" Appendicites!!" I said.

" Really!!! You're the world's biggest expert in Appendicites now??!!" she said.

" Okay, then let me help you with the food!!" I said, getting into the kitchen.

" No.. No... Get out!!! You always mess my food up.. You are on the kitchen's black list???" she yelled at me.

" Why?!! " I asked.

" Look James... We don't get to have everything In life.. And you.. You were born without the part of your brain that can help you cook.. James Wayne.. You have.. Acookingia!!! " she said.

" What!??? Is that even a thing??!!" I exclaimed.

" No... But I will make it a thing in Shaa Allah.. Remember that time when I asked you to boil some pasta.. You waited untill the water in which the pasta was boiling dried.. You almost caused a fire.. " she teased me.

" Okay.. But in my defense.. You didn't tell me how pasta is cooked??! " I said.

" How pasta is cooked??!! James.. Hamza knows how pasta is cooked!!!.. And now get out.. You are distracting me.. " she said.

" Okay.. I'm out... I'll go take Hamza from the babysitter " I said, leaving thd kitchen, after giving up on helping her.

30 minute later, dinner.. More like suhoor.. Was ready.

I started to dig in, but Jannah barely ate.

" Jannah.. Are you sure you are okay???!! " I asked.

" Yes... Yes I'm fine... " she said, as she pretended to eat.

After dinner, we put Hamza to sleep, and went to our room to sleep.