37. NEW FRIENDS

"Hey, Andrew." I greeted, getting into his car. He smiled up at me. Guilt pooled inside my heart.

"What's up?"

We had not been on too many dates. We weren't too close, but I was sure that we had come to respect and even somewhat care for each other. At least I respect him.

I gulped, mouth dry. I had stayed up last night reading everything I could find on the internet about breaking up amicably.

"I... wanted to talk to you about something."

"I know." He said, shaking his head remorsefully. "At least I have a very big hunch."

"What's that?"

"You're breaking up with me because Kyle finally confirmed his feelings after you confronted him. I brought the axe on my own feet." The corner of his eyes crinkled.

I laughed lightly. "Well, yes and no. I am breaking up with you, but only because I don't think I am ready for a relationship right now."

His eyes widened, but then he nodded. "I understand."

We sat in silence, and then I opened his car's doors again. "I am sorry. But...I hope I can see you again."

"What about now?"

"What?"

"I mean, you're wonderful, Kaea. But somewhere, I started to see you as a friend more than anything. Mind going to McD with me?" He smiled.

His eyes twinkled, and warmth filled my heart. "Are you sure?"

"As friends? Why not."

I sat back inside the car, laughing, and putting on my seat belt. "I'll pay."

"Kaea..."

"You just had your heart broken by a very pretty girl." I laughed, and he smiled and shook his head. "Your friend is trying to make you happy again. Let her."

He revved up the engine, and it felt like a great burden lifted from my heart. I prayed and hoped with all my heart for Andrew to find somebody. He deserved someone who would be absolutely loyal to him, and love him to the core.

KYLE

I watched her go. She had been inside the car for a few minutes, and then she was getting out. I thought that I would ask for Sunday right then, when Andrew had driven off.

Instead, she laughed, and sat back inside.

And jealousy ate me up. And I realized then- I would never feel this way for anyone else. Maybe, maybe I felt something more.

So I controlled my rage, and my jealousy, and went home.

_______________________________________________
In the media box, you'll find, 'Always be Together by Little Mix'.

Sorry again for not posting sooner. I know this is short but the next chapter won't be.

K R Y S T L E