Believe in Me

~*Prologue*~

Don’t laugh at me for crying on the inside.

Don’t laugh at me for telling you how I feel.

My sister used to say that, after our parents died, leaving us with an older 19-year-old brother.  I used to think it sounded rather pathetic, telling everyone how you feel.  Besides, she didn’t tell anyone anyway, she just said that to sound like everyone’s little angel.  Although now that she’s all that I have left, I’m starting to agree with her.

We were born into a royal family of faeries.  We ruled in a long line of succession.  My father, then my mother, then my brother, then my sister, then myself, followed by however many faeries were needed I guess.

I don’t think thy expected my parents and brother to die so close to one another.  I mean, eventually it would have happened, what with wars and such.  I suppose they could have gotten old, though it usually takes millions of years to actually “grow old” like humans say.

But we are faeries.  We look human in appearance, some more than others I’ll admit.  Some people believe we are a class of “demoted” angels, others believe we are demons.  We are neither.  I like to consider myself human.  My sister, along with all other faeries, believe that we are far superior to humans. 

While my parents were alive, we attended high school with humans.  Now that my sister is in charge, we don’t.

But I still want to.

Problem is, she made it an order.  If I disobey an order, I could be banished.  You might find this a little harsh, but this is my sister.  I used to think of her as the sweetest, kindest faerie on earth.  Now that we have grown up and she’s in charge, I see that I didn’t know anything. 

I didn’t know half of it.

She had already sentence several faeries to death for no apparent reason that I could see, and she became a full ruler.  Most of the previous rulers had certain faeries that they appointed, but no-not my sister.  She has complete and total control over faeries.  Just our court, mind you, but that still is a lot of faeries. 

But anyway, back to her making me not going to school an order she has already banished several of her close friends even, just because they went to school…it really is too bad I don’t follow orders.