Chapter 5

"..."

I overslept... I can't believe I missed my two-morning classes. The fact that I can't sleep well that night just made it feel like it's the excuse now. Arrghh... It's frustrating as heck...

As I prepared for the late arrival to school. It doesn't seem like I have anything major to do for my first two classes. Usually, Erik would send me anything stupid with a message. Something like a warning about homework or a test being announced as he sends me a gif he found on the internet. Looks like I'm in the safe at the moment.

"Alright. I guess it's better to come than being late."

But come to think of it... I would expect my sister to wake me up or something, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

"... I don't know."

As I went down, packed with the things I have prepared for the rest of my schedule. I saw a note, lying at the kitchen table. "Brother, I will be going on a school trip for a couple of days. I'll call you if I have anything and even the other way around. See ya then."

Well... That explains it. I smiled over the fact that the message probably reassures that she actually cares. That brat ha-ha...

Seems like I have nothing to worry about now and rather I should leave the house now, considering the next class will be in approximately... 40 minutes. I have time.

I went towards the slightly long and narrow hallway leading towards the front door. As I left the house I looked back and said to myself. "I'll be heading out." And shut the door behind me. I don't have any reason to shout this time. No-one is at home currently either, so it just makes it kind of pointless to shout it. But... I actually did almost try to shout it at that moment, and I don't know why. Maybe it's just something I couldn't really understand with the 'why' aspect towards my thoughts. Maybe a different part of 5W1H. Who knows... I clearly never understood myself.

Author small note:

The next chapter shall be the start of an arc.