Prologue

In the evening, around 3-5, after another day of my hellish summer class ended. I sit back on my desk. Everyone has left to enjoy the rest of their day. Empty. There was nobody around anymore. Completely empty. Deserted. Deserted from my standpoint. The sun positioned into the west. Bright yellow brightens the room. The empty classroom. A classroom consisting only me. Of course, it wouldn't be deserted if I don't put myself into the context or another person's standpoint. I just don't want to be bothered currently. No... actually, it's been like this for a while. I never really wanted anyone to be involved with me for now. Being left alone is okay.

It didn't really bother me. Just like how it should be.

So, I opened up my laptop and took out my white earphones out of my pocket. I opened up YouTube in my browser, and I scrolled down the web page. A video was recommended to me. A music video rather. It's been awhile since I opened any music.

I clicked on the video and came to a plodding start. A slow starting melody as a clock ticking sound started to emerge from it. The piano follows next. And a clock gear like effects filled the background as the violin joins the soothing melody.

Tick Tock...

A melody with an illustration that seemed to capture my eyes. Artwork of a girl hiding within everyone's sight as a boy looked at her.

Looking at my laptop, I didn't bother plugging my earphone within the audio jack. No-one is in sight either way. A melody left me hanging with what was something I felt familiar. I couldn't grasp what it was inside my head.

Tick Tock...

Curtains blew by the wind from an open window. There was nothing to see outside of that white sheet flowing like waves. Looking around the room like it was some sort of dream instead. A fleeting dream at most.

Tick Tock...

The song continues to play the clock ticking effect as my view looked back at the beautiful illustration. The melody continued to hit me with something I couldn't know. I never really understood myself. A feeling of emptiness perhaps?

I couldn't understand this feeling... No matter what words I use, why would it give me this feeling?

"Tick Tock..."

"It's a beautiful melody, isn't it?", a voice was heard.

Tick Tock...

It surprised me. I shifted my sight towards the direction of that voice.

A girl standing as the curtains covered the view. She wears a summer school uniform. A uniform that I don't seem to recognize much. A school I might not know either.

Tick Tock...

Tick Tock...

We fell silent and gazed at each other, even for a bit.

Tick Tock...

Very unusual...

"Oh...", I looked away from her. I didn't realize that I was gazing too long.

Besides...

The only thing that could be heard was the wind blowing through the window and a melody playing from my laptop. Obviously, anything out of the ordinary could get my attention.

Thursday, June 26, 2018. In the middle of an empty high school classroom. Where some were enjoying their vacation and some attending summer class. A time after my summer class. I met someone out of the blue.