Chapter 3- The Return Home

A.N: How much do you guys love me? Lots i hope. I know it's like two months late but better late than never right? I apologize profusouly for the delay but with all the traveling and school I had no time to type it up or I just kept forgetting(*cough* no motivation *cough*). ANYWAY...Chapter three is here and I can't wait to hear what youguys think! Don't kill me but there is a slight twist. You already know of her...her name is Lady Ebony. Will she be a threat to Drisana and Caspians potential? or will she just be his friend like they agreed? I need votes on weather to make her a Edmund/OC or not or have her fall in love with another OC I create later on in the story!! Let me know what you think please!

And without further rambling....enjoy chapter 3!!!

********************************

Chapter 3- The Return Home

Day 4-5

“How are you holding up?” Caspian asks, looking up at Dris. They had been traveling since late morning and she hadn’t moved from Destrier’s back the entire time.

“My backside and my knees are killing me, my lord.” She groans, standing in the stirrups. Being in a saddle all say was not ideal but they were able to go at a pace that would get everybody home by dusk the next day.

“ I bet. I am sorry you had to be up there all day.” He says slowing the mare to a stop.

“Are we stopping here my Lord?” Gareth inquires, stopping alongside her. He looked as exhausted as she felt.

“Yes. Just basic camp. No need for all the tents.” Caspian informs him. Gareth nods before taking off down the line of soldier yelling the orders.

Caspian pulled Destrier over to  tree where he fastened the reigns to a low hanging branch. After getting the horse situated he turned to her and helped her down out of the saddle. She quickly became aware of his hands when they found their place on her hips to steady her as she swung her leg over the saddle.  She stumbled back into him, feeling off balanced after sitting all day. They stood there for a good minute or so as she rested against him, not caring about the looks they were getting.

“You alright there?” Her king asks with a slight chuckle, looking down at her.

“Yes. Just getting my land legs back.” She remarks before stepping away from him. The movement had been reluctant, she didn’t not want to bring any extra attention to them. In that position she had felt every muscle on his torso, she had felt safe and protected with his arms around her waist.

“Come on jelly legs, let’s get you taken care of.” He says grabbing her hand and gently tugging her to where Cora had already set up. Most of the wounded didn’t even need to be checked on but she was one of the exceptions. Her wound had nicked a few important things on the inside and Cora had to keep checking it to make sure the internal bleeding didn’t persist.

“This is healing nicely Drisana. You should be fully healed by the end of the month.” Cora tells her, cleaning the wound with a gentle hand. This time she didn’t bandage the stitched skin, wanting it to breathe and dry out.

“Thank you.” Drisana replies, lowering her tunic back down. “Caspian tells me you are the hand maiden of his new lady friend.” She remarks, secretly wanting more information.

“Yes. Lady has been under my care for as long as Caspian has been under yours.” Cora tells her smiling fondly.

“I’m glad Caspian made friends while I was away.” Dris smiles at the old lady before walking away from the camp. She didn’t go far beyond the edge of the settlement before walking along the perimeter. She just needed to clear her head of the fog that was swimming around. Thoughts of Lady Ebony and Caspian together kept running through her head and she loathed the jealous feelings that bubbled up inside her. Until Caspian knew of her true feelings she  felt she had no right to be jealous of Lady Ebony. More than that she was irritated…no mad that she hadn’t been back in two and a half years. She had missed him so much of his life and for once in her life she wished she hadn’t a made that choice all those years ago to be a guardian. Her life had been better in this world that in the last one. Aslan had saved her after she had died on a cold winter’s night. He had raised her and given her a family with the other guardians. Now she wanted to start her own family. She was over 3000 years old and in that time she had never loved, never wanted to start a family. Caspian gave her that longing. To be mortal, to be free from having to manage the world but most of all, to be disconnected from her sister. She just wanted to finally be free.