Chapter Eleven

I knew Autobots and humans had not gotten used to me having wings and antennae, I could tell because I could sense their stares, even with out the antennae. I knew Ratchet was especially staring at me, because he was curious as to how my wings and antennae worked. I thought about letting him figure it out with my help but I decided to wait until he asked.

Right now I was sitting up in the rafters of Unit E, watching as Ratchet and Flameduster conversed, and the humans played their games. I've actually stopped referring to myself as human because I was something different now. I was... an experiment...

I was dragged from my thoughts when Optimus' voice came through the main com-link. "Ratchet, reopen the ground bridge but ensure that the humans are kept at a safe distance, for we will be returning with a Decepticon prisoner."

My eyes widen. We had never managed to get a Decepticon prisoner. I wonder who it is... my question was answered when the groundbridge opened and in came the Autobots, plus a knocked out Soundwave. My eyes widen even more.

"How in the world did you capture the third in command of the Decepticons?" I exclaim from my perch.

They all look up at me and I smile nervously, knowing that Optimus didn't like me being up here... Optimus sighs but focuses on restraining Soundwave to a metal slab that we took from the Harbinger. A few minutes later, Soundwave woke up. I so badly wanted to fly towards him but knew I would get in trouble.

"Because we had the foresight to shield our new base, our captive will be unable to transmit his coordinates to the Decepticon warship", Ratchet says. "Nor will they, in turn, be able to pinpoint his location."

My mind decided to drag me away from the conversation as I thought about what could have happened to Soundwave that allowed us to be able to take him prisoner.

"Alright, he's downloading data!" Bulkhead cheered, drawing my attention back to what was happening below.

"No", Ratchet murmurs. "Soundwave is erasing data."

Peering over the edge, I see Soundwave make no movement, until an unfamiliar voice rings through the air.

"Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior."

My eyes widen and my wings spread open, allowing me to dart down past the Autobots to fly in front of Soundwave's visor.

"Dude! You can speak?"

There was no response, until I felt angry stares at my back. Again, didn't need my antennae to feel that. I turn around around and see the Autobots all watching me, their faces stoic, though anger radiated off of them.

"Uh..." And my mind just had to go blank. I laugh nervously before flying back up to my perch. The Autobots were unfortunately unable to get any more information out of Soundwave because he crashed his own drives. I didn't know he could do that... Soundwave is probably the most mysterious out of all the cybertronians...

After the Autobots converse with Agent Fowler for a bit, they discover that the 'cons have broken into a military base in the south pole. All of them leave except for Flameduster, Ratchet, Smokescreen, Bulkhead, and Predaking.

Bulkhead and Smokescreen were watching Soundwave, a bit freaked out by him.

"Can we throw a tarp over him? He's freaking me out", Bulkhead says. I giggle quietly, gaining the attention of Predaking.

"Astraea, how are you finding your new... acquirements to be?" Predaking asks. I smile softly down at him.

"You mean my wings and antennae?" I respond. He nods. "They're... helpful at times but can also be a hindrance too..."

"I'm sure that at some point, you will be able to be rid of them again, or at least find a way to hide them from others", Predaking murmurs. I smile at him, before spreading out one of my wings, and running a hand over it.

"See, that's the thing. I both hate and love them... I hate them because it was technically my father who did this me, but at the same time, I love them because... because... Well, it feels as if they were always meant to be a part of me. Even the antennae, even these swords. I can't figure out why, but I love every aspect of them except for the way I got them."

Predaking smiles at me. "Then I would suggest using them for good, and keep in mind why you have them, so you never use them for evil."

I smile sadly at him. "I fear I already have done evil with them..."

Predaking tilts his head to the side. I chuckle sadly. "When... When MECH came across me and Optimus at the old base, I... I was so angry and upset, especially when I saw my father with them... I took down all the helicopters. I killed a lot of people. The only two people I didn't kill were my father, who was then killed by my uncle, and then the leader of MECH who is now in jail, I suppose."

Predaking frowns. "From what I understand, MECH is the organization who have chased after cybertronians for a long time, and then they also did this to you. I'd say they got what they deserved."

"But was it really my place to be judge, jury, and executioner? No. I should have let someone else handle the situation."

Predaking sighs. "What's done is done. Don't dwell on it too much or else you will forever feel guilty."

I sigh, before shaking my head. "Sorry, Predaking. I shouldn't have just dumped all that on you."

"It helps to talk to someone about it", he murmurs. I smile softly.

"Yeah... it does... it really does." I shiver as a tingling sensation goes down my antennae. I blink before flying upwards, drawing my swords, and facing towards the doors that lead into the building.  I sigh in relief when I see Agent Fowler walk in, only to freeze when a familiar metal bird bursts through one of the windows close to my level. 

I let out a warning cry, gaining the attention of the Autobots below. They gasp and start to shoot at it, only to miss every time. I shoot forward, dodging their blaster fire with trained precision until I reach the bird. I land on top of it, and slice my blades through one of the many projections on Laserbeak. It slid through like cutting a loaf of bread. I gaped at my powerful swords only to let out a startled scream when Laserbeak flipped upside and I started falling. I instantly snap my wings out, catching the air before gliding to the ground. When I land and turn back towards Laserbeak, she had already reconnected with Soundwave, and Soundwave was now standing. I freeze when his attention turns directly towards me. I instantly fly up into the rafters where I knew I would be safe for the most part.

Soundwave attacks the other Autobots, shocking their systems into a forced sleep, leaving the humans alone, except for Fowler, who tried to attack Soundwave with a fire extinguisher. Totally didn't see that coming... (Note the sarcasm.) Soundwave then approaches Ratchet, knocking him unconscious before opening a ground bridge. I blink before silently flying off into the air, wanting to attack Soundwave with my swords but figuring that wouldn't be the smartest idea. I look towards the humans, and see their terrified eyes, especially Tori's. I smile kindly at them before silently following Soundwave into the ground bridge.