~°|Chapter Four|°~

~

~|Your POV|~

Sherman had bitten Penny on the arm.

He literally sunk his teeth into my sister's arm. Though.. she kind of had it coming, and she deserved it for how she was behaving. As bad as that sounded. She was acting really rude- taunting Sherman like that and embarrassing him in front of the whole cafeteria on his first ever day attending school. She purposely placed him dead center in social derision for her own entertainment, and to impress her fellow peers for her own personal gain.

Now here we are. My mother, father, sister and I were dressed in formal attire for the evening, waiting patiently inside an elevator leading up to some big penthouse which happened to be the home of Sherman and Mr. Peabody- aka Sherman's dad who also was a dog. How interesting! I had heard quite a lot about Sherman's father on the news, and found it fascinating. My mother did too. My sibling and father? Not so much.

Mr.Peabody invited my family over to settle the whole 'biting thing' behind us and establish new friendlier relationships. My dad threatened to sue him but my mom and I managed to convince him otherwise. He eventually broke down and agreed to not press charges, but he was still not impressed.

I tugged at the collar of my close-fitted dark navy coat uncomfortably. Penny and I wore the same coats, but we had different clothing underneath. Underneath mine I wore a (F/c) dress that hugged my figure perfectly, a pair of dark strappy flats on my free and a nice touch of accessories to my liking. I also applied some cosmetics that mom let me borrow- a thin layer of mascara, (F/c) lipgloss and some contrasted blush tainted on my cheeks. The outfit was appealing to me and I liked it very much, aside from the dreadful coat enveloping my form. I didn't understand why Penny and I had to wear these unbearable coats, but our mother insisted that we did. Whatever that meant.

Viewing around my family, I noticed mom had a nervous, forced smile plastered on her visage. My dad impatiently tapped his foot against the floor with one hand propped on his hip and he kept stealing glances at his watch, his facial expression evident that he didn't want to be here. Penny stood beside me with her arms folded over her chest, an eternal glare imprinted on her face as she puffed out her cheeks in annoyance and kept muttering about how stupid this whole thing was, and how it was all Sherman's fault. I wanted to protest against her claims, but I didn't want to get myself into trouble so I kept my mouth sealed shut.

An inaudible sigh streamed from my lips and I smoothed out my coat for the millionth time. To be honest, I was feeling anxious to see Sherman again. I really liked him as a friend, and I was growing increasingly worried if he'd think differently of me being related to Penny. What if he thought I was like her too, and stopped being my friend?!

The thoughts only added onto the trepidation I felt stirring inside my being. Bawling at my lower lip and fiddling with my hands, I attempted to divert my thoughts from something else. Penny must've sensed the anxiety radiating off my body as she glimpsed over at me. She eyed me strangely before scoffing and rolling her blue eyes, looking away and continuing back to her muttering. This time she mentioned something along the lines of 'my stupid sister is so weird'. Sigh, this day was going along so great...

To ease my nervousness, I watched in silence through the panoramic glass as the city dropped away below me in a galaxy of shimmering lights. It was relaxing, for a short while, until I heard mom murmur in excitement that we were almost there.

Eventually the elevator whisked to the top floor, a little ding indicating that we arrived to Mr.Peabody and Sherman's place. My sister and dad shared a groan while my mom gleefully looked between my dad and the elevator door. Just as the elevator doors opened, a voice spoke up.