~°|Chapter Three|°~

~

"It's really great meeting you guys. Maybe you can come over to my house sometime!" Sherman perked up as you placed your lunches down the wooden table.

You, Sherman, Mason, and Carl sat together at a table in the lively cafeteria filled with kids eating their lunches and joyfully socializing to each other. The early morning sun shimmered in the pastel blue sky and its rays streamed through the towering windows and casted a warm hue on your skin. You shuffled over and sat close beside Sherman, so close that it almost made you blush for the fiftieth time that morning. Although Carl couldn't exactly sit at the table, he sat in his wheelchair at the far end of the table where you, Sherman, and Carl sat.

"I could bring my new model. It's a hydrogen atom," Mason said with a wide smile inscribed on his complexion.

"You've only got one, huh? Guess we'll have to split it!" Sherman joked, pointing his finger at Mason and a wide smile etched across his face.

The three boys broke into laughter at his joke. You chortled along as well since his joke was actually pretty funny and cute. But it also felt like a forced laugh- you felt a little bit left out between the three. When walking to the cafeteria with the three boys, they were talking to each other and you didn't say a word or chime into the conversation. They didn't even glance in your general direction. You only ambled alongside them, soundless, and clutched your lunchbox close to your chest.

You sat there, silently eating at the lunch your mother prepared for you earlier that morning. Even though she didn't pay even the slightest amount of attention to you as she did to Penny, she still made you lunches, cleaned your clothes, and bought you your necessities and such. She was a good mom, and your father was a good dad- you just wished they'd give you the same affection and attention they gave to your popular twin sister.

"Good one!" Carl commented, laughingly.

"So, (Y/n)! Are you apart of any clubs?" Sherman questioned you, tilting his head in curiosity as he looked at you.

You shyly gazed up to meet his eyes. "Uh, no. I've never really been apart of any clubs.." you trailed off, slightly saddened.

"You should join the science club! You seem pretty smart, I'd be nice to have a friend to accompany me there!" he beamed happily, causing a cherry colored blush to appear on your face.

"Emphasis on pretty! She holds a raw beauty to her far greater than comprehension!" Mason said and winked at you in a flirtatious manner. "Maybe you should join the drama club! I could be Romeo, and you could be my Juliette~"

The blush on your cheeks deepened in a deeper shade of scarlet. Sherman stirred uncomfortably in his seat.

"Wooh! Flirt alert!" Carl added.

"Th-Thanks, Mason..." you mumbled, "but maybe I'd consider taking the science club." you concluded as you and Sherman stared into each others eyes.

Sherman's eyes widened and glittered with bubbling enthusiasm, a broad smile forming widely on his face. "Really? That's great! We could be study buddies, and build machines together!" he blurted out and softly nudged your side, giggling happily.

A few tables away, there stood Penny and her two friends gossiping away as they confidently strode into the cafeteria. Penny caught notice of Sherman when scanning around the cafeteria and a devious smirk tugged at the corner of her glossed mouth.

"Check it, guys," Penny whispered to her friends. They viewed their attention over at Sherman, giggling, and whispered to each other as Penny skipped on over to your table with no good intentions.