chapter one

starlight's pov

i sat in the canterlot throne room with sunburst, who was reading, discord, who was using his magic to mess with the windows, maud, who was talking to bolder, and trixie, who was messing with her smoke bombs and throwing them at sunburst.

i was laying beside sunburst, reading my own book, but would occasionally glance over at his. okay, maybe not his book, but at him.

all of a sudden discord yelled, "ow!" out of nowhere.

"what?" trixie jumped.

"my horn is glowing and i don't like it." he huffed and laid over the throne.

i lifted up my wing and looked at my cutie mark, which was glowing, then i looked up and watched trixie and sunburst lift up their capes and also look at their cutie marks.

everyone's was glowing.
which was strange. no pony had been called for a friendship mission in a while. i kinda find it hard to believe that we're all being called for a friendship mission. the same one.

we made our way out of the castle and to the train station. ever since princess celestia and luna retired, and i took over their position of lowing and raising the moon and sun, we haven't been to ponyville.

i really hope nothing has changed.

——

we made our way to twilights old castle, and on the way there, people were staring at us. which made me really uncomfortable considering my past.

as i was walking, sunburst leaned over and whispered, "don't worry about them. you're a princess. my princess." he smiled gently.

of course, i started blushing hardcore and looked away. not that i didn't like the last statement, it's just that i have a small crush on sunburst, but his muzzle is always in a book that he doesn't notice anything i do for him.

we made it into twilight's throne room to see princess celestia, luna, flurry heart, cadence, and twilight.

"what's going on?" i questioned.

"i don't know, but it's definitely not a friendship mission." discord said and i shot a glare at him.

"we performed a spell so we could get all of you here." twilight said, walking up to me. "there's no easy way to say this.. but." she looked over at celestia, and i looked at sunburst confused.

"but what?" i asked.

"there's a new villain in equestria. and we're afraid that tirek, cozy glow, and queen chrysalis are helping them." twilight said.

i backed up. "what are you saying?"

"we want you guys to stop them." luna said. "as a team you're more powerful than all of us combined. starlight. you traveled through time. not even the most powerful wizard could do that."

"and with our magic-" cadence starlight.

"you're giving me your magic?" i asked. "are you sure."

"we're sure. if tirek gets here. he can't get our magic. and we're sure he doesn't know about you." celestia said.

"cozy glow." i pointed out.

"cozy glow only knows about flurry heart. not you." cadence said.

i nodded. "fine."